Circular Chunks and Purple Swirls

Jojo T.

Those are exceptionally interesting. Nice translucent effect with the circular chunks - very cool! You might be able to lose the snow spots with a smidge of micro wax.
Thanks Top - when you say a smidge do you mean 0.5%ish?

Thanks Top - when you say a smidge do you mean 0.5%ish?
Yup, something like that. It needs to be determined experimentally as it will vary with the specific micro and other factors. I think 1% of a high MP microcrystalline wax would be sufficient but I'd hope to get away with less.

They look very nice. It is fun to try new things. I just used 1/2% micro in some wax and it isn't burning as usual. I find that adding even small amounts of these additives you will have to wick up a little....of course depending on your wax. There just isn't an easy answer is there? Donita

They look very nice. It is fun to try new things. I just used 1/2% micro in some wax and it isn't burning as usual. I find that adding even small amounts of these additives you will have to wick up a little....of course depending on your wax. There just isn't an easy answer is there? Donita
You're right Donita - no easy answers. Adding microwax changes everything, but it's fun experimenting.