Balck smoke?

I have been trying out Cargill C-3.I have had some black smoke sometimes after 30 min.I tried different wicks (ECO,LX,CDN) also changing FO several times and at different amounts.ANYBODY have any advice! Help! :embarasse
Smaller wick size I would think. And make sure it's trimmed correctly.

when I go to a smaller wick size(example 3" dia.I use a Eco 14,I went to a 12 and it did the same thing but no burn pool.I always trim down the wick to 1/8 of a inch.
Well that's mysterious. I have used C-3 in a 3 inch container with ECO 12 or 14 (don't recall which) and had no problem with the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch. Offhand I have some questions. What kind of FO and how much? Is the flame flickering or steady when it smokes? Does the flame seem large?

My FO amounts are usually 1oz per pd.Sometimes I add a little more depending on the FO.The smoking still happens either way.The wick does flicker and thats when I see the smoke.The flame height is good not stretching as I like to call it.I do get some black soot around the edges at times to.Im new so should there be any black soot on the glass with soy candles?:undecided

Hello jack. I'm with you in your frustrations. I used to have the same problems. We handcraft strictly soy candle in small batches. It took me a long time to find what works best for me. I use only the eco wicks, a soy wax that leaves no wet spots on my candle glass, and I manufacture my own scents. I have tried other fos and they just didn't work out. I have great flame height, no black smoke, great melt pool, and I trim my wicks to about 1/4 inch foe testing. I just depends. The eco wicks are made to be self trimming so I just do it on a candle-by-candle basis. It sounds from the black smoke that if you have the wick right it just might be the quality of fo you use. I bought some candles from someone wholesale to just add another line of candles to my line and the fo had a terrible burn quality. I like extremely scented candles but the chemicals really came out in these and made my whole family sick about everytime I would burn them. You'll get it...it took me a year to find what was right for me. Good luck in your endeavours! :)