Wick trimmers....

I have a lovely wick trimmer (cooped here often) but it seems like it doesn't trim short enough and my flame is too high. I *think* I wick correctly in that I get good burns, no smoking, no sooting, etc (when I trim the wick without the wick trimmer)..but wouldn't this mean I'm overwicking?

Thoughts?

Jen

Hi Jen - well these are the wick trimmers I use and they seem to trim just right on my zinc wicks (1/4" i think). Are you sitting the trimmer on top of the wax and then snipping. That should be right. How short are you trimming them when you do it without the trimmer?

You guys are funny :D .

I wicked down on the Greenleaf blend last night' date=' used my wick trimmer, and lo and behold...it worked like it should!

D'oh!

Jen[/quote']

The same thing happened with my CB30 i am using. If the wick is not trimmed it wont burn right. I was thinking about putting a BIG sticker on top of my lid that says "To burn properly PLEASE TRIM WICK!"

Patricia

You just reminded me of a customer who called to complain that 2 of the 3 candles she bought from me were fine, but one was smoking. I asked if it was burning in a draft. "No." Oh, did you try trimming the wick?

Ummmm...nope. She trimmed and it "magically" fixed her problem. :grin2: