Please Help

I live very near the Delaware beaches (assuming that's why I'm getting this request) and several customers are asking for Patchouli scented soy candles. I ordered 4 samples from different suppliers and NONE of them smell like patchouli. Most smell very nice... but not the real thing. Does anyone know where I can buy realistic patchouli fragrance oil?

I've tried three different Patchs and each one smells a little different. Peak, Millcreek and Gemlite. Definitely stay far away from Gemlite! YUCK MC is not real strong and Peak's is fine. Some Patchs can be a little sweeter or spicier than others. Where did you get yours?

geek :grin2:

I ordered from candles and supply, one stop candle, save on scents and an ebay store.

I have to admit to being an age where I remember what patchouli smells like.:( ... and these ain't it.

Surprisingly enough, some of the people asking for it are fairly young. Go figure...

I'm trying what Sheri suggested. It's a very good idea. It's just that the smell of these oils are so not like patchouli, I don't have much hope for the results.

I think I'll order a Peak's sample. Can't hurt.

Thanks folks. I really appreciate the help.

Margie

Okay... I'm trying Peaks. The downside is, I ended up ordering their sampler pack. Now I've got 10 total new scents to try out (including the patchouli). I usually avoid new supplier sites for just this reason. I can't help myself. Is there a support group for candle makers who can't resist trying new fragrance oil? I swear... it's a compulsion! :undecided

Margie

PS: I hate the smell of patchouli, too. I wore it as a kid and can't for the life of me understand why... yuck... ptooey!

Okay... I'm trying Peaks. The downside is, I ended up ordering their sampler pack. Now I've got 10 total new scents to try out (including the patchouli). I usually avoid new supplier sites for just this reason. I can't help myself. Is there a support group for candle makers who can't resist trying new fragrance oil? I swear... it's a compulsion! :undecided

Margie

PS: I hate the smell of patchouli, too. I wore it as a kid and can't for the life of me understand why... yuck... ptooey!

LMBO,,,I am an fo addict too!!! I love peaks FO's though they are awesome!!! you will enjoy them,,

P.S OMG my cousin use to wear that!!! I didnt remember till you said that!!! ROFLMBO :laugh2:

Yeah... that's it! A support group and we'll call it "FOAA" (Fragrance Oil Addicts Anonymous). When we get the "urge"... we just rush over to this forum, post a plea for help and somebody here will talk us down... nah... who am I kidding? Instead of talking somebody down... we'd all just wanna know where the new scents are, has anyone tried 'em, and how quickly can we get some samples. Nope... there's no hope for us.

Aw well... at least I'm having a good time doing it... or at least until I max out the plastic. :bliss:

Margie

Just use the eo patchouli. You can get it for about $23 pp. Which is what many higher end FOs cost anyway. You don't have to use much at all it is so potent. So you may actually save money in the long run. I use it all the time. There is no substitution for the real thing.

I am definatly old enough to know what it should smell like:wink2: , though just on the outter edge of being old enough! Don't want to date myself too badly! I use the patchouli fron Candles & Supplies. It's not the patchouli i would 'wear' but it's a very nice burn-scent. It's one of my best sellers in the stores that carry it. For my soaps and lotions, I get my EO's from either the buying group or snowdrift farms and the FO smells the closest to those. Just an opinion. It's a harder to burn scent as well, so I bump down a bit on how much I use

Gretchen