Changing Labels--How Do You Do It?

Alajane

I have someone working on designing a new logo for me and I'm not sure how to go about changing my labels. Would it be okay to just start using the new logo on new products or should I change labels on all products that are already in stock? (I have about 600 candles in stock--all labeled with the old logo!! And I also have probably about 2,000 labels made up with the old logo--whenever I need to label a jar, I print an entire sheet with that fragrance so I'll be prepared next time.)

I feel like it will look very unprofessional to have a mix of labels on my shelves but, on the other hand, I'm a bit more hobbyist than professional anyway. Quite a few people come to my home to buy candles and I do about 4-6 shows a year, so I don't know if looking "professional" is as important in this case as it would be in a store.

Opinions, please? TIA,

Jane

I have been thinking the same thing as I want to change labels.I now just have company info etc but want a logo and also some kinda of design.Will have to do a search for that special design.Labelsnow are simple and just down right plain.I have maybe 200 candles in stock and really hate the idea of changing all of those.Alot of work IMO.Just can't make up my mind.Hope someone can help us.Craft season is here.In one month I have a big show and also one a week after that.

I just recently started using new labels that I made myself, the ones I had before were designed by my logo designer and printed professionally. If you re-label all of your old candles (especially 600) you are basically wasting the original cost of those labels (not to mention your time in doing all of that extra work). At shows I put out candles with the older labels and try to use those up first. I don't think it looks horrible to have two different labels, I would rather do that than loose the money I spent on the original labels.

I'm so glad to see all your replies--you all said just what I wanted to hear!!! My real problem with changing labels is that I put round labels on the tops of my jelly jars and the labels are almost impossible to remove. I've mislabeled some occasionally and tried to remove the old ones and ended up throwing the lids away! So that makes me really happy because I don't think I could remove the old labels and I'm not sure if new ones would cover well enough to not have to discard the lids and get new ones.

It was a hard decision to pay to have a new logo designed, and it would cost nearly as much again to replace my existing labels.

Thanks again,

Jane