Yankmee must be getting desperate!

Ran into our local Kohl's this afternoon (big department store) and they are now carrying Yankmee (12.99.) Can't believe it! Kohl's runs 40% off sales real often. Does that mean I can soon get a Yank for $6 or $7 for a glass container? (about a 16 oz jar) Think it was called Yank*** At Home line. All of us really good chandlers must be giving them a little competition. They did have a new one called Fruit Punch, smelled like grapefruit and punch. Think I'll try to dupe it.

I have to wonder of the soy industry is catch up to Yankme. They never went to any soy products and now candle companies like Bean Pod are shoving them aside. Yankme may have expanded their line but they never work with introducing soy candles. BIG MISTAKE!:tiptoe:

Yankme just put up a HUGE store here in Williamsburg. I think it's called a flagship store or something like that. Anyway, this store is as large as my Super Wal-Mart! :eek: It has a home area, christmas area, kids area, fudge shop, a cafe and more candles than you can shake a stick at. They have shopping carts and people are walking around filling up the carts with all kinds of stuff. It's crazy in there. I can't believe that they can make enough money to keep that store up and running.

Over the last year i noticed a huge increase in the air pockets in Yanksters candles, the line is filling to fast obviously. I sold Yankster in my store not so long ago so i know all there is to know about them. Volume and not quailty is the only objective. Beanopod sales increases year over year was great, i do not have the numbers in front of me though. Maybe 3 times the growth rate or more considering they dont have all the little non-candle items yet. They did and still have a soy line called YC and they never sold it as a soy candle, nor did they make it themselves NOR did they use good scents or the top scents from the standard line. Someone mentioned they signed a agreement with Hannahs for another run at low end soy candles, not sure what or when but they wont make a candle as good as what we all make. Lets just keep kicking them in the shins till they drop. :grin2:

You know Yankme started off small just like us......this is why I refuse to wholesale so that I can keep making quality products. Yes I know you can make more money wholesaling to stores, spa's, Boutique's....etc but this is were the quality starts to play a role. I see it in my area with other candle companies. The more orders the less time for quality control.

Who know's maybe Yankme is working on a new Soy line.

Saltbox Pantry

You know Yankme started off small just like us......this is why I refuse to wholesale so that I can keep making quality products. Yes I know you can make more money wholesaling to stores, spa's, Boutique's....etc but this is were the quality starts to play a role. I see it in my area with other candle companies. The more orders the less time for quality control.

I don't agree with this. 65% of my business is wholesale and I put quality 1st always. If I didn't I would never get re-orders. This is my 10th year making candles.

Where I am, Yankee has introduced a line of scented cleaning products. Window cleaner, all purpose cleaners and wipes. I'm not usre what the market for this is like, but I'm watching! Very interesting.

I'm suprised that yankee went big box. Maybe they will show up at Walmart soon! This does not mean good things for the smaller retails who carry the line. I have a chain account that carries my products, (a drug store chain) and the small towns with the drug stores, I really can't sell to the gift shops, they will not buy. Yankee might be loosing the independent accounts to smaller candlemakers who focus on being unique :)

just my 2cents:grin2: