Wedding centerpeice

Lin

Im making these for my daughters wedding next july. Her and her boyfriend went to vegas last week and he proposed there and gave her a diamond. Guess who gets to do all the work,lol. I hated these colors together at first but their kind of growing on me now. The tapers float as they burn but i dont have water in the cup right now. Wanted you to know why the candle might look tipped. Lin

post-80-139458396584_thumb.jpg

Hi Lin,

The centerpiece looks beautiful. You always do nice work!

I recently did something very similar for a friend whose wedding is also in July. The holders that she chose are single and smaller. They came with small white tapers. I dipped the tapers in blue parafin to match her color scheme. She will be giving them out as favors. Dipping was fun and worked really well. Especially considering that the tapers were inexpensive. The over dip made them burn nicely without dripping. It didn't drip until it got down to about 2 inches.

Congratulations on your daughters engagement.

Patience

Thanks again everyone for your nice replys and yes Sherrie im doing a cake candle for her to but my yellow keeps coming out to dark so im on my third time redoing it,lol. Ill post a picture when im finished with it. Lin

Lin, another great job. Congrats to you DD on her engagement. I'm sure the colors will grow on you over time. Never seen floating tapers before. Cool idea. Love the centerpiece frame and glass. Looks like your DD will have a very well decorated reception. Can't wait to see your finished cake. At least she's not asking you to make a couple of hundred votives.

I really love the set up of the arrangement, but the colors haven't grown on me yet. ;)

Me too! ;) I just LOVE that triple candle holder, very elegant, but I just can't get passed the fact that those colors were my HS colors. Very unusual for wedding colors for sure. :D

Any particular reason they chose those colors? Curious.

You always do such beautiful work Lin, and this is no exception. :thumbsup:

I never would have thought of floating tapers. What a funny idea!!! (I mean that in the best of ways). I'd like to see how they burn, esp once they've melted down enough that the taper no longer reaches into the stem. I'm guessing they'd tip over & the water would put them out.

Very lovely arrangement. :)

edited to say: For the longest time it looked like glasses. I just thought I couldn't see the stems & bases 'cuz of the ribbons & thought the gold wire part was mere decoration. Lol. Had a good laugh at myself!

Michi she chose red and yellow thinking of a peace rose and wouldnt listen to me that that rose is yellow with a pinkish color on the edges. She hates pink so wanted the red, but she didnt listen until she saw it herself. Mtngrl i didnt invent the floating taper candle, i bought it that way. I got the first one from big lots and then searching wedding things came across the same holder as a wedding centerpiece. It burns very nice to as the candle keeps floating up while it burns. I neaver heard of floating tapers either until i found this and thats why i bought it as its different, and i like things that everyone dosent have. The tapers burned all the way down when i tested it and leaves just a little inch of candle at the bottom before the water gets to it. Lin