Wedo LX-16

Hi all, today I received an octagonal 3"x6" mold I bought on ebay.

The guy who sold it sent me a little bag with this wick inside, LX-16.

I'm not a wick expert, I'm tryng to do the best I can with the wicks I find here in italy, they are all flat braid, so I don't know a thing about LX.

If I have to guess by what I see its use is for small diameter pillars, let's say no more that two inches of diameter. Am I guessing right?

Or these wicks are intended for other type of candles? I tried to look at suggestion charts, but it's too complicated for me!

TIA

Hi Sabrina - This wick may work, but it depends on what wax you are using and what FO. Here is what it says about this wick on Peak's. See below - it says to use for a 2.5" - 3" diameter candle. I would try it and see what you think.

LX wicks have a unique flat braid that minimizes carbon buildup. These wicks have a round tin base (20 mm) with a 6 mm neck attached, which helps keep the entire wick assembly standing upright and prevents it from flopping over as the candle burns down to the end.

• A coreless wick to reduce carbon buildup.

• Manufactured with stabilizing threads which make for a more consistent burn and reduces carbon buildup.

• Primed with high melt wax (212F), which aids in keeping them straight in the molten wax.

• 6 inches long. Use for 2.5" - 3" diameter candles.

• May need to wick up for soy or other veggie waxes.

• Size recommendations are a guide only as wick sizes may differ as your own needs/recipes differ.

Some places recomend using the LX16 for 2-2.5 inch pillars and some recomend using them for 3-3.5 inch pillars. It's probably best to try it and decide what works best for you. I have a bunch of Lx wicks here and they all look small compared to the flat braid wicks. ;)

Angie.

I can't see the LX 16 working in a 3" - I've used LX 30s in 3" & they barely make it.

I agree with Pam - I have all the LX's from LX10 to LX30 and with my 3 inch pillars the LX30 sometimes leaves up to a 6mm edge that needs to be folded in. You really have to wick up with these. I won't bother testing anything less than LX26 and up.

Katinka:wink2:

Hi Pam, I learned to eyeball the wick to use, at least for the first choice to test, and this LX-16 seems really too thin for a 3" pillar.

Well, I will keep it as a relic!

Hold on to 'em. They could come in handy for double wicking a container. ;)