Giving up on mini-pillar...trying votives now

okay, I give up. Cannot get the pillar wicked right

:(. When I get the proper melt pool, there is almost no flame. When I get the right flame, I end up w/a blowout. :confused::cry2::mad:

Now I'm gonna try the votive thing. What is the best "container" to test burn them in?? Do you prefer they burn like a pillar, or do you want them to blow and fill up the glass??

I may end up just sticking with my jars ;)

What type of wax are you using Sheri? Don't give up. Sometimes it just takes awhile. I've still been looking. I just got some tealight wicks and some P series wicks to try. I'm determined to find the right wick for them. There is something like 2000 different types of wicks. Something has to work.

For votives I let them overflow to fill the cup. They don't leave a shell. Although it kind of looks like there will be a shell at first, then after burning for about an hour it will spill over and fill the container.

Hello there. I use Eco wicks for my pillars. I really like they way they burn and the fact that they are almost self-trimming. here is where I get mine from at the moment http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/wicks.html you can buy a sampler kit of 5 of all of the Eco wick for like $6.75 plus shipping. Let me know what you think. You can reach me here www.scentsntreasures.com .:)

YUP...gotta say Crafty...that's pretty funny.

Thanx to all for the suggestions. These things are just so darn cute. Something has to work. BTW Jeana....I am using Ecosoya PB. I have it for my tarts, and I just got a good deal from the classifieds here