If I get an answer to this I will be shocked!

LaurieF

Anybody out there familiar with the Greenfield Village in Michigan? There is a candle shop where they make the hand dipped candles and I have always LOVED the smell in that place. I don't know what it is...if they used oils or what. I'm thinking they used beeswax because they didn't have paraffin back then, I don't know but I wish I could capture that scent.

I live just about 2 miles from there :) I know they use beeswax, but ill have to go back and see about the scent in there ..Which if they do use oils,may change from season to season, My husband was just there on sat, so ill email ya next time I go back

No problem, isnt it sad that when you live somewhere you dont visit it as often as those who live far away from it??!! Just like krispy creme, we would drive an hour and a 1/2 to go to one several years ago .then we got one about 3 blocks from our house and we only went 2 times the whole year!!:confused: lol