Dontcha Just Hate it

Oh Gosh, that's terrible. That should just be plain outlawed!!!!!!!! But that does bring up something funny that happened to me last year. I had to stay with a friend for a night while my house was being redone due to water damage. My blow dryer did the same thing....kinda sputtered, cough once and then that awful dying moan as the motor stops. It's about 8:30p, half my head was dry and the othe wet and we had met some other people at a restaurant at 9:00. I'm totally pissed. My friends daughter had taken theirs with her when she went to spend the night with a friend. So, my friends DH goes out in the garage. I'm almost ready to scream, my friend and I look at each other stupified trying to figure out what the heck he's doing. Well, in he comes from the garage with this super duper heat gun, a huge smile on hsi face (as if he'd saved the day) and said here try this but make sure you use it on low and wave it around a lot. I almost fell over laughing. I'm like auuuuu, no thanks, I'd like to keep my hair. So, to improvise, we drove to the restaurant with the windows down on the car and my head bouncing in and out of the window fluffly my hair. It was a hysterical. If it's any help, Walmart has them for about $20.00.

Oh man, been there, done that. :wink2:

Picture this, you are using the heatgun on container votives at 4am. All the swap boxes are in, and there are over 40 participants. Your the hostess. Not to mention, its like 10 below zero here and I want to get out of the workroom and into my warm, cozy bed. Miserable, I tell you.

So, as I am blasting heat and complaining to myself, I notice the heat gun noise has changed, it smells wierd. So, I bang on the counter like a criminal and keep on using it. I look inside, I see something that looks like fire.

Isn't that divine? So I run to the side door, and throw into a snowbank. Went to a 24 hour Walmart and bought a different one. I was so pissed, because I didn't even give my favorite heatgun a proper funeral. Silly me.

LOL I do have 2 heat guns...and they both dont work:laugh2:

My sister brought me hers since she doesnt use it since I took over the candle part and she the bath and body part of our business.

Well my order is done..:D

I have the worst luck with heatguns! I go through one a month it seems like. My dad even bought me a Milwaukee because it's supposed to be more "industrial", yup...broke it within a month and never even dropped it!

I now have three, just in case! I use my heat gun allllllll the time and cannot live without it.:tongue2: