Astrolite F color help

I am making an order for a baby shower(2 pillars and 20 votives) using astorlite F...my light blue just came out of the molds as a light lavendar! I used blue and white liquid dyes and UV....what am I doing wrong and is there something I can do to get the correct color?

Astorlite says that using a smaller amount of a dark dye or similar strategies to achieve a light shade can cause color problems immediately or long before the candle is exposed to any UV light. They suggest finding a dye that is designed to produce the exact color you want and using the recommended amount of it in order to avoid fast fading and other difficulties.

I don't have personal experience with your exact wax and color problem, but that is what they say. According to the manufacturer of your wax, you should find a light blue dye and use a normal amount of it. I take it you want a pastel shade, but my thought is that a better strategy than using white would be to use an additive to make the candle opaque. This typically has a similar effect.

I hate to suggest that you rethink your whole coloring strategy because I know it will be a pain to research and test a new approach, but that's the best I can come up with.

By the way, when you use a particular brand of wax it's always advisable to see what information the manufacturer might have to offer about their product. In the case of Astorlite, simply go to http://astorlite.com/. For a wax manufacturer, their site is unusually attractive, friendly and informative. They even crack a joke here and there. From their FAQ:

Q: Is it true that candles last longer if you don't burn them.

A: Only if you don't eat them.

HTH.

I haven't used the Astorlite F in about a year, but I do recall that it is difficult to achieve dark colors with the veggie waxes so...I'd suggest using a normal amount of blue because it's going to come out lighter in this type of wax any way.

I haven't used the Astrolite waxes, so this may be helpful or not. I was trying to achieve a pastel blue a while back and I could not get it to come out the soft shade I wanted (I did come up with a shade that I called arctic ice). I did a bunch of research and found that adding a light pink color would help make the pastel blue that I was looking for. It was something about the hint or hue and adding the opposite color. It has been a while and I have stuffed a lot of information into my head since that time. ;) HTH