Another quickie...

Mitch23

Thanks again for the help finding some bottles.

A thought hit me last night, and I can't figure out what to search for to find the answer, so thought I'd ask.

Do 2 oz bottles hold 2 fl. ozs or two ounces of weight, or is there not really enough diff between the two to worry? I'm trying to figure out how much scent I'll need to mix up so I can bottle it up and start spraying soon as the stuff comes through the door...

TIA.

Mitch

I think a bottle which would be designed for liquid should hold in fluid ounces where say a jar which is for solid forms may hold by weight. But who knows the 4 oz tins from peaks only hold about 3 oz wax which is liquid that becomes solid. :undecided

I have no idea where to find the answer except maybe call the supplier and ask what they measured to get the 2 oz, or if you already have them measure out 2 oz of water and see where it fills the bottle to, it probably should come just to the bottom of the bottle neck.

Sorry couldn't help more,

Sami

It totally depends on the density of the stuff you're making. In my 8 oz shampoo bottles, I fit 9.24 oz of shampoo. In my 4 oz whipped butter jars, I can only fit 2 oz of butters in there. The numbers stated are for water displacement. Any other item will weigh out differently in the same bottle. HTH

I agree w/ Bunny. Since weight and volume are the same for water, I think that stated capacity for bottles and jars would be for WATER weight/capacity. Since we're not filling the jars and bottles with water, your mileage may vary according to what you're putting into the packaging. Like Bunny, I can only fit 2 oz. of whipped butter (by weight) into a 4 oz. container. But I can fit more than 8 oz. of lotion by weight into an 8 oz. bottle.