Hot throw-coconut lime verbena "yuck"

dixylight

I am burning coconut lime verbena from WSP and it smells terrible in my soy wax! I love this scent in CP and lotions but in wax it seems awful. Anyone else find this with this scent? I would like to use this f/o in candles and bath/body...any ideas for a different supplier? Maybe I can't have it work in both...I'm about ready to toss this candle...smells just awful!:(

I've purchased samples of Coconut Lime Verbena from a couple of different places and they have been too limey and tart...not smooth creamy coconut with soft notes of lime like Bath and Body Works. I finally found a good one at Save on Scents. It may not be a perfect duplicate, but it's pretty darn close, as far as my nose can tell.

I use Just By Nature's CLV and love it. It is different than other ones I have tried and even different than the BBW's. I like it better. It is soft and no fuel! It is one of the ones that I find a lot of people liking. It throws well in soy but has a soft smell to it. Also, to me, it smells better in soy than in paraffin. JMO :)

I just got mine from Scent Works. CLV is my favorite BBW smell for summer time and I wanted to cp some. I'm not happy with the one I got. It's way too limey and does not smell like BBW CLV to me at all :embarasse I tried a sample of CLV in soy once and it smelled good cold but I got a bad fuel smell when it burned so I have not tried it in a candle again.

Dixy, I had the exact thing happen to me with Coconut Lime Verbena that I had from Wixnwax. The real odd thing about it was that it smells great in 4794 that I use for tarts, BUT when I burn it in container wax it smells like fish. No kidding like fish. I don't why. I want use it in my harmony wax anymore. I think it clearly responds differently in different wax. It also seemed that the bigger container the worse it was. The worst was in my 16 oz container. I know this seems strange, but I am so glad someone else has noticed the same thing.