Wick Stickums larger than base of wick?

I am making tea lights and the wick stickum(glue dots) I have are larger than the base of the wick. They fit perfect on regular size wicks but the tea light wicks are smaller so the stickums extend beyond the base of the wick leaving an edge of the glue dot exposed. Would this cause any problem? I've tested a couple and so far they are ok.

I don't think it would cause a problem. When I hot glue mine in, I always get a little squish of glue that come out from under the tab and it has never caused me problems. Also the necks on my tabs are high enough that the flame would never get close to the bottom of the glass. I think you are fine. :D

Try pouring a few drops of wax, then "stick" the wick to it. Wait a moment, then pour the rest. This worked great when I was making floaters in my tart molds. ( I know you're not making them, but I thought it would work the same)

Oh also-- Bittercreek has the 15mm wick stickums

Depends on what you consider a problem. Here's what I have seen with mine. When you use a 20mm wick stickum on a 15mm base they won't fit down into the 15mm hole of the tealight cup - it will stick up on the surface. I've found that it leaves more wax left than desired because you the space of the neck of the tab, plus the stickum itself, plus the area below it (the cup depression). That all doesn't seem like much, but in such a small "container", I've found I get a better burn (consumes more of the wax at the end of the life of the tealight) if I use the 15mm stickums. JMO.

HTH