76 degree in lotions & creams

soapermom

A lady said this.. i am wondering if anyone has any info as to if this is fact.

The reason the Hard coconut oil is not used is because it will clog your pores due to the abundance of "lauric and mryistic fatty acids" in the compsition of the hard coconut oil.

A lady said this.. i am wondering if anyone has any info as to if this is fact.

The reason the Hard coconut oil is not used is because it will clog your pores due to the abundance of "lauric and mryistic fatty acids" in the compsition of the hard coconut oil.

That was my thinking too. :undecided

I have a lotion that's 12% monoi and I sub 76 co with it all the time if I don't want the monoi scent.

Jen, I absolutely cannot think of monoi without thinking of you! You are the one that hooked me on it! I have the last little bit of your Tahitian Moondrops lotion sitting on my desk. I don't want to use it up!!

Yeah, cmille! Didn't you use monoi in a bubbling bath salt? I used it a couple of weeks ago (was saving it for special me-time) and loved it!!!!! I'm pretty sure it was you....

I use monoi to wash my face (along with some castor oil) - love it!

There's probably a lot of comedogenic (sp) items in what we make....I think cocoa butter is comedogenic too...but it's lovely in lotions and body butters! I probably wouldn't use a cocoa butter lotion on my face...nor would I probably use a coconut oil lotion...or any lotion for that matter. I use squalene (with a titch of monoi and vitamin e) as my moisturizer. But using those lotion/butters on my body...I don't worry so much about clogging my pores.

Do your lip balms contain cocoa butter? I know someone who breaks out on her chin if she uses a cocoa butter lip balm.

Just trying to point out a couple of ways to think about this. I don't think you posted that this was a facial lotion...

Jen