Candle color/dye systems

Can anyone recommend a good dye system for paraffin and blended waxes. I have been using a color system in powder form that requires a 3 decimal scale. Up till now, I have been guessing and only coloring candles for personal use, because here these scales cost about $400.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:wink2:

Katinka

Have u ever thought of using diamond chip dyes as measurement ? We use this system at work and the colours each time are perfect and we have a recipe book with the amount of dyes per colour neeeded. Saves powder measuring and each time you get the exact colour. but if your preference is powder, then it would be a little harder. we do use powder form for black only.

hope you find an answer ,

Take care,

Robyn :-)

I suppose I could try and find someone who sells them. Do you have any suggestions? It has to measure 0.001g and up. If this proves too difficult, I thought I'd go with a liquid system so I can do drops.

Katinka

I know the USA rep for Kaiser Lacke and was going to look into it, but you've discouraged me. I dislike working with powder dye (what color do you think your lungs are now?) and those scales are expensive here too.

I agree on the dye chips. I use some Reddig-Glo dyes and the color is pre-measured for you, so you get consistent colors every time by just adding the same number of chips.

I also use liquid dyes, which work great as well. Same number of drops each time equals pretty consistent colors.

I know the USA rep for Kaiser Lacke and was going to look into it, but you've discouraged me. I dislike working with powder dye (what color do you think your lungs are now?) and those scales are expensive here too.

Sorry Top, you shouldn't be discouraged! It really is a beautiful system, and it is also not a powder but little pebbles - almost like the Paraflint, just a bit flatter and slightly bigger. If you produce candles in any significant amount, i.e. more than the 10 candles I do per week at this stage, you should really look into it becuase the variety of shades you can do is amazing and it is also relatively cost effective. Plus you use a computer programme with it, so it is very accurate up to the point of measurement and therefor repeatable. At least have a look at it - I really think it is worth it, just not is small quantities.;)

Katinka