wickless candles

Question......

I made a wickless tin and gave to a tester. She burned/melted it for 5 days a week 5-6 hours/day for a little over a month.

Well she states the scent is gone...but it is still full of wax.

Is this supposed to happen?

8oz tin, 4627

TIA,

Stinger Butt

Yippee!!

I was worried that I did something wrong. I'll call her and let her know. She said people want to order some from her burning it at work. Since I just got my warmers from Ashlie's co-op I'll test a few and be on my way!!

Thanks all!

MizB

I made a wickless tin and gave to a tester. She burned/melted it for 5 days a week 5-6 hours/day for a little over a month.

Whoa! I'd say it did a great job! That's over 100 hours of scent release for an eight oz tin. I think that the wax can't hold anymore FO even though the scent is gone, the carrier oil the scent is in remains also. It is good for firestarters.

geek

Whoa! I'd say it did a great job! That's over 100 hours of scent release for an eight oz tin. I think that the wax can't hold anymore FO even though the scent is gone, the carrier oil the scent is in remains also. It is good for firestarters.

geek

That is whay she reported....as I am starting to test these myself now I have a warmer.

Maybe this is a silly question but after the sent is all gone can you reuse the wax with a new sent or is the wax tainted?

Connie

The wax isn't tainted, per say, but you can't reuse it. Wax can only hold a certain amount of oil. When you are burning the candle on a warmer, you are burning off the fragrance, but not the oil that's in the wax. So when the scent is completely gone, the oil is still there in the wax and you can't add more. So, you need to make new wickless candles with fresh wax.

i have a question. i've been testing a 6oz wickless turret jar. it smells great cold, it smells great when i light a wick in it (i made 2 candles w/wicks & 1 w/o wick from same batch) but the one you put on warmer you can't smell it unless you get your nose over it. what could be the problem any suggestions?

Scents sometimes are different on a warmer than when they are burned. I like wild cherry as a candle, but wickless it was lackluster. Also, sometimes I get candlenose. I can't smell vanilla after awhile, but if I leave the house and come back, the scent knocks me over.