ky natural vot/pillar blend

Hey I was wondering if people that use this wax could troubleshoot some issues I am having with this wax. It seems to be very hard to get out of the molds. And so far each time I have made a pillar it has pieces of wax missing- stuck to the inside of the mold - when it does release. It has been super hot here lately, and we don't have air conditioning, so it could be this. I tried putting one in the fridge, but it still had a chunk left in the mold. I am doing all the recommendations from the wax company. I also found my normal wicking was way too big for this wax. I was happy with my old wax, why did I start testing this:confused:

Wow, I have never had such experiences with this wax. I LOVE this wax.

Perhaps you might want to try some mold release? If you don't have any mold release~ you can use Pam, just make sure its not the butter version or any of the flavored varieties. Make sure your mold is really *clean* before you pour. There might be some wax residue stuck inside of it somewhere. Take a heat gun to the mold and wipe it out with a baby wipe, then dry with a paper towel. Watch your fingers- it will be hot.

Another suggestion might be instead of putting the candle in the frig, try the freezer. For about 20 minutes. The candle *should* slide right of of the mold in one piece. Give it one good tap on the bottom and the candle should come out whole. Let us know your results.

I agree with Mystical. I have used this wax for a year and love it. I have not had any issues like that before. Just sounds like you need to lube your molds a bit. I am not sure the fridge will get them cold enough, I always use the freezer for about 10-15 mins and they almost fall out.

I use this wax too with my votives and just love it. I also put my votives in the frigde when they don't want to come out. Then very gently, I try to twist the wick pin so that it turns and will slide right out. If the wick pin is stuck, I run my fingernail along the edge of it to break the "seal" it has with the wax. This usually allows me to be able to then turn the wick pick so it will slide right out. HTH:)

The wax I used before was ecosoy pb.I heard how pretty and shiney and great KY wax was, so I wanted to test it. (Like I need more testing :rolleyes: )My ecosoy can be a little dull looking sometimes. I'm going to try pouring it at a higher temp.

Last night I made some pillars with ky and with ecosoy. I put silcone spray lightly in the molds of both. And I made some 1"square votives. The squares would not release, I put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes. They came out easily but had cracked. The ecosoy pillar slid right out no problems and no blems. The 4" KY came out (no freezer) but it had a chunk missing on the top. This time I made sure my molds were very clean and lubricated before I started. I'm sad I wanted this to work but I guess I need to go back to ecosoy.:(

Speaking of cleaning molds, I read somewhere in a candle tip board that molds are not to be cleaned with soap and water. They are supposed to be cleaned by heating them them and paper toweling them out. I know this would be true for paraffin wax, but it this true with soy? If so what is the difference?

You can clean your votive cups when using soy by blasting them with a heat gun or putting them in the oven upside down and wiping them out with a paper towel. Just be careful when wiping them out that you don't cut yourself. Those cups can really bite. :eek: