ISO New Candle Jar

I am partial to the apothecary jars, but I seldom make the 16 oz or larger. The smaller ones just look so "small" - I think because they are short and wide. Has anyone seen an apothecary jar that is narrower and taller than the ones at Candles and Supplies?

Maybe what I am looking for is the Keepsake Jar....that looks narrower and higher....does anyone use the Keepsake style....is it a bear to wick?

TIA

Jane

Know what you mean I don't like the short fat jars either. I got some from the Jar Store that are called Metro. They have the same type lid but are straight, love them. I would love to find them closer to home so if any one has seen them any where else, please let us know. TIA

http://www.jarstore.com

I do love the look of the Metro's, but my partner does not. :( I may just get a sample jar and see what she thinks. Have you had much trouble wicking them as compared to the apoth jars? Since these are 8 and 12 oz jars, do you find the need to do a second pour to get a flat top?

I do love the look of the Metro's, but my partner does not. :( I may just get a sample jar and see what she thinks. Have you had much trouble wicking them as compared to the apoth jars? Since these are 8 and 12 oz jars, do you find the need to do a second pour to get a flat top?

I haven't had much trouble at all wicking the 8 oz jar. It's much easier than an apothcary, imho. You can also get them from CandlesandSupplies and Carolina Candle supply.

I love the look of Balmorals, but what a pain to wick since the diameter varies so much! Instead I've opted for the soft-square Victorians, which look really elegant and are neither too tall nor too wide. There is a diameter variation on those, as there is with the Balmorals, but somehow it isn't as extreme of a difference, and they are easier to wick. The Victorians look so elegant!

Now you have me wanting to pour some of these today. LOL

Candlemaker's Store in Ohio has keepsakes, but they call them Apothecary jars. The 10 oz, 16 oz, and 26 oz are all the same diameter, ab 3 1/2" OD and have a relatively wide mouth. I use the 16 oz size, but in actuality it holds only 12 oz, which brings the top of wax up to the neck. It is a two piece pressed jar, and the lid is a closed fitment. You can get them with globe style lid or flat glass.

geek

Maybe what I am looking for is the Keepsake Jar....that looks narrower and higher....does anyone use the Keepsake style....is it a bear to wick?

I have double wicked mostly, it is just a little too wide to single wick for my taste, but if you have a light scent you might have some luck single wicking with either the HTP1212, 1312, or 126.

geek

I love the keepsake jars, and I double wick them without any problems. I have never been able to single wick those. The wide mouth opening makes for a good burn too. My best selling one was the 10 oz jar, which really only holds about 6-7 oz. Those sold 4 times more than either the 16 or the 26 oz jar. :D

Thanks so much.

I noticed your signature....my husband's name is Kerry.....he is a twin...his mom named him Kerry Lee and his brother Terry Lyn.....I wonder what she was hoping for??? :laugh2:

Anyway, thanks again...I will keep that in mind.....