Does anyone know...

BizzyBs

Where I could get large plastic containers to hold single tarts in at craft shows? I would use each container for a different scent and have them all lined up next to each other? I have been searching around for something...but, really haven't found anything that I am looking for.

Anyone?? TIA! :)

Do you have any idea what size or shape you want? Are you talking large as in trashcan or giftwrap storage size containers, or are you thinking more like bucket size?

Big Lots usually seems to have a wide assortment of affordable plastic products.

I love to put them in Jars, I have 26 oz apothecaries that don't sell so if I have a party or my retailers carry tarts I give the the jars to put the tarts in, they have black handled covers. They work great.

Do you have any idea what size or shape you want? Are you talking large as in trashcan or giftwrap storage size containers, or are you thinking more like bucket size?

Big Lots usually seems to have a wide assortment of affordable plastic products.

I guess just big enough to display single tarts for sale? Maybe like a gallon size...or should it be smaller? What do other people sell their single tarts in at craft shows?

I love to put them in Jars, I have 26 oz apothecaries that don't sell so if I have a party or my retailers carry tarts I give the the jars to put the tarts in, they have black handled covers. They work great.

Jars...that's a good idea. I have a bunch of quart jars I could put them in. But, I kinda wanted to use them at home for storage, as well...

I saw some really pretty extra large apothecary jars at Wal-Mart in the section by the votive cups. However, they were glass. They would make nice displays for single tarts, though. HTH

How large are you thinking? I'm pretty sure BCN's clear votive display boxes would work for tarts.

Or if you're looking for more of a bucket style presentation, why not the large gallon candy jars from walmart? I know I've seen clear round large gift boxes somewhere...I'll dig around

Guest EMercier
I saw some really pretty extra large apothecary jars at Wal-Mart in the section by the votive cups. However, they were glass. They would make nice displays for single tarts, though. HTH

I've seen the same ones as well. Also, I think they have some that are Plastic, at least where I am.

This is what I use. Hopefully the picture is clear enought. I purchased these from the kitchen section at wally world. They are just large glass cookie jars. Customers can open them and pick out however many tarts they want.

Dawn

Edited to add: Sorry picture is sooooo big.

post-160-139458395526_thumb.jpg

This is what I use. Hopefully the picture is clear enought. I purchased these from the kitchen section at wally world. They are just large glass cookie jars. Customers can open them and pick out however many tarts they want.

Dawn

Edited to add: Sorry picture is sooooo big.

OH...those are cute...how much were they each?

OH...those are cute...how much were they each?

The ones with the wooden lids I bought years ago and have yet to see them again. When i searched online at Walmart they have a 3 piece set that you can personalize (that might be interesting), but they were a little expensive. The one with the metal lid, I just bought a couple of months ago at Walmart and I think I paid $3 for it. But I am really liking Deputy's idea.

Dawn

http://www.candletech.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2543&d=1130942457

I hope this works...this is what I used for the craft show I did back in September. They are containers from the Dollar Store, $2 a piece. They work great!!

You know what...I just saw those on ebay for $1 each and they were the gallon size...maybe I will do that! Thanks!!! :)

I like both kind of jars. i have seen them like deputy's at dollar store. my question is...do you shrink wrap the tarts before you put them in jars ? or do you just put them in the 3x3 bags as the customer buys them, i know you can't mix scents. someone on here had their tarts in pickle jars, we don't eat that many pickles , just dh and i.

I like both kind of jars. i have seen them like deputy's at dollar store. my question is...do you shrink wrap the tarts before you put them in jars ? or do you just put them in the 3x3 bags as the customer buys them, i know you can't mix scents. someone on here had their tarts in pickle jars, we don't eat that many pickles , just dh and i.

When I first put them in the jars I didn't shrink wrap them, but they get the jar all :tongue2: , So I started shrink wrapping them. Sucks but it keeps the jars clean.

Thanks Jd, i hadn't even thought about that but it would be true, because after i make them , i have some large quart jars and large candle jars that i keep mine in till i bag them and the jars does get messed up. i was more concern at the fact it keep you very busy bagging the tarts in individual bags as people bought them, i thinking much easier if they were already shrink wrapped and all scents could go into a large bag.

I just put the tarts in there unwrapped, then bagged them as they were purchased. It did take some time, but it wasn't too bad I didn't think. The jars didn't get too messed up either. I like them because I store them in the jars at home as well.