Anyone use Starville?....

Taz61281

Would not recommend them under any circumstances. It's a pity, too, because the oils I got were strong and very promising oob. But there is something to be said for customer service. I have been looking for what seems like forever for the "perfect" peach oil. Theirs was one of the few I hadn't tried, so I ordered an 8 oz bottle, along with 8 oz bottles of two others. Shipping time was okay; got my order in under a week from TX to NC, but the peach oil was not in the box. It was listed on the invoice, but had only zeros in the amount column, indicating that it was oos. There was nothing on their site to indicate the oil was unavailable; instead of emailing me to see if I wanted to delay shipment or substitute another oil, they went ahead and just shipped the two others alone. Shipping on one pound of oil cost me over $10. I emailed them to tell them I was disappointed in the way my first order had been handled and was told that it was their "policy" not to tell people when something they ordered was oos; they didn't have the "manpower" for that. They'll never be a major player at this rate and no matter how good their damn peach oil might have been, they'll never see another cent of my $$.:angry2:

it was their "policy" not to tell people when something they ordered was oos; they didn't have the "manpower" for that. They'll never be a major player at this rate and no matter how good their damn peach oil might have been, they'll never see another cent of my $$.:angry2:

That is not good. I'd be mad too. Most suppliers put right on their website if something is out of stock. Thanks for the warning.

I get a lot of supplies from Starville, and at first I felt that their customer service wasn't up to par. But the more I go and get things, the friendlier they are. I do believe they have gotten some friendlier people over there and things seem to be better. That is my opinion.

I would be upset also if they sepereated my order and I had to pay 2 shipping charges, but I have ordered from people before and if it wasnt in stock then it just got deleted from my order no explanation and I would have to reorder. So I guess it is a trade out, if you really like the supplies you get from that company just learn to order early and dont run out !! That is something I have learned over the years of this business. IMO I would recommend Starville for anything! They have some great scents and better prices on some things. I would also recommend Wix n Wax. I guess I am fortunate I have 1 supplier in my town and 1 within 15 miles and another one about 25 miles. I do order things also and have to pay shipping which just eats me up to have to pay!

Im sorry that Carol had a bad experience with them, might I suggest that you call them to see if they have what you need in stock. Good Luck and you should try their High Maintenance it is to die for!:D

When I was in Tx I got my wax and a few FO's from them. I liked what I got and still order those from them. As stated in another post, Wix n Wax is also good. I too was within 15 miles of one and 30 miles of the other. Now up here in Ohio I'm choking on shipping charges. Back to Starville.. customer service not as warm and fuzzy as other places I've been, but as I got to know them, it got better. They do have nice products and good prices. Because they are so reasonable, many in my area used them, so I went elsewhere for the bulk of my fragrances. Not because of quality but to be different.

I've had bad customer service from Starrville as well and cancelled my one and only order from them. They waaaaay over charged me for shipping. When I called to inquire why it cost so much to ship I was told that it was just their policy and there was nothing they could do about it. Then I was told, "What are you gonna do? Cancel your order?" in a hasty tone. So I said yep! And that was the last of Starrville.

At least you found out in time to cancel; my order gave no estimate of shipping charges. I figured it would be high, since the order was small, but was willing to pay it to get to try their Peach oil; was just gonna chalk it up to "research" expense. But it really frosted my cookies when I had to pay high shipping and still didn't get the one oil that I really wanted. And their 'take it or leave it' attitude didn't help matters at all.:undecided Too many good suppliers out there who appreciate your business; now if only one of them would get a really killer peach.;)

I agree their customer service was horrible- the first three times I ordered from them, they were really short with me and I didn't like it- but they had some great prices, and figured not everyone is going to treat me wonderfully. The last time I ordered from them, though, they were AWESOME! They were super nice when I requested shipping quotes, and when a box of salts arrived severely damaged (along with one shattered FO bottle) they very quickly sent out replacements to me and apologized profusely. I believe they have gotten much better! :) I've only tried three of their oils (their monkey farts is the best one I've tried...at least to me!) but they're great! I'll definitely try more of them the next time I order. Just give them a call to place your order to make sure everything is in stock.

Hi guys, I think this is my first post in this section. I've had a great time reading everyone's reviews! I live in NE Texas & wish I had a supplier close--wix n wax is a little over an hour from me. I used to order alot from them, but lately the shipping has gotten way out of hand!! I pay $9.00 for a 4 pound box from wnw, & only $7.00 for a much heavier box from BCN. I can't figure it out. I'm 2 1/2 hours from Starrville & would love to drive & pick up soap & candle stuff!!

Pam R