I need advice on my first Melt & Pour

talie

I just made some melt & Pour soap. It's the clear kind (glycerin) with the small plastic toys in the middle for kids. Anyway, I was using a loaf pan that has 8 slots. I ended up running out of melted soap after I had poured 5 so I remelted more and poured into the 3 remaining slots. The problem is when I sprayed it with alcohol I ended up getting some on the other 5 soaps that were already almost set and now they look like they have this gross film on them. Is it the alcohol that did this? Anyway I can get rid of it? Plus the alcohol did work on the getting most of the bubbles out but there are still a bunch near the edges and even though I kept spraying they were not budging. I would be grateful for any advice that anyone can give me.

Thanks in advance.

Natalie

Well I too just did up a couple of bars of melt & pour too. Quiet Girl sent a small bar of soap in the swap and I liked it so much I decided to try the M&P. She sent cold CP soap but I'm just foolin around and making it for myself. I love great smelling soap!

I scented it Cool Citrus Basil and I will do Cool water tomorrow! I also crush up some lofa spong pieces to add to the bars as I love a scrubby soap on my body.:grin2:

Fire:yes: :wave:

i appreciate the comments. most of the soaps i use cookie cutters on but the flags i hand cut except the stars. I'll never be that good ;) . I am very proud of the flags too. I just hope they sell at the craft show i'm doing in 1 1/2 weeks. (crossing fingers)

the film will probably wipe off once the bars are hardened. As far as using alcohol, you have to spritz RIGHT AWAY when you pour, once it even hardens a little, the alcohol will not work. Using a fine mist works better too. Good luck, those flags are really cool!

here is one of my creations w/m&p soap, please be gentle. i'm nothing like some of the creations on here but i try :Dhttp://candlelightcreations.net/programs/shop/showitem.cgi?Soaps&90008.dat

VERY CUTE or should I say patriotic :grin2: Just a hint- instead of saying goats milk melt and pour, I would say goat's milk glycerin soap in your description (JMO but it flows better, hate to say sounds better as I don't want to offend anyone). ;)

If your bubbles are bad in the container you melted the base in you could give it just a few spritz before pouring into your mold, then spritz again right away after pouring. You don't want to spray too much alcohol as it can be drying.