Cocoa Butter Soap & "What the heck is it?"

Brenda

Brenda, did you mean 27% coconut. I ran it through soap calc and it said to take away 10% using the 37% in your recipe. What about using some PKO along with the coconut?

Steph

Yes...you are right! Doh! I'm not thinking clearly lately. I'm going back to change it in that post. It was 27% now that I look at my recipe again. I don't generally express a recipe in percentages, just the ounces used. :confused: Thanks for pointing that error out.

Now I see what "interesting percentages" meant...Oh dear.

They are both really nice.

Have you lathered the "What the heck is it!?" bar yet? Are the bubbles and lather white?

I figured a picture is worth a thousand words.

Night_Lights.jpg

Hard to work up a lather with a camera in one of your hands, but I have bubbles to show. Here they look white. But the washcloth under my hand has lavender drippings on it. They rinsed out of the cloth okay.

I figured a picture is worth a thousand words.

Night_Lights.jpg

Hard to work up a lather with a camera in one of your hands, but I have bubbles to show. Here they look white. But the washcloth under my hand has lavender drippings on it. They rinsed out of the cloth okay.

I thought for sure that the lather would be colored. The batches that I have done with colorant that ends up speckled (because I used too much) ended up coloring the bubbles. Looks like you used just the right amount.

Thanks for taking that picture.

Thanks, everyone! :)

mhardy1234 - I use a Misty Creek 32-bar slab mold that comes with a big ol' cutter and kerfs on the side to guide your cuts. It's been a good purchase; easy to line with freezer paper, and easy to swirl in. I liked it so much I bought another one a few weeks ago. I found them on eBay. It was a good purchase both times. I'd buy another one.