How much would you pay?

pdevine

Just wondering how much you would pay for the following spaces? This would be in a 9000 sf building Antique and Craft Mall (climate controlled) right in the heart of a major tourist town. The income in this town from tourist in 2004 was $98,130,000. The owner supplies business cards to each vendor, price labels, phamplets and a website. Once you set up your space the owner takes care of the rest. Each vendor sets up their space like they want it, supplies the owner with an inventory sheet w/prices, etc., and when an item is sold keeps a computerized track of your inventory and supplies you with a printout each month.

10x10 = $100/month

15x15 = $150/month

20x20 = $200/month

I've never checked into anything like this and wonder if this was too much for these space sizes? TIA Portia

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for, if it was more upscale than the usual craft mall around here that doesn't get much traffic.

Does the owner charges sales tax and do that reporting?

Do they charge you extra if someone pays with a credit card?

That sounds very cheap, compared to prices here, and I'm not in a tourist town.

One place around here charges $100 for an 8 x 10. It's in a very old building, and doesn't even have heat or air in the second story.

Another place charges $170 for an 8 x 10, plus 7% commission, plus fees for credit cards. You are responsible for maintaining EVERYTHING.

I would definitely give it a try. Check to see if there is a long term contract, or if you can pull out if things end up not going well. If it were me, I'd start out with the 10x10. You can always go bigger later if need be. You'll really be surprised how much product can go into a 10x10 space. Good luck to you!

What other kind of products are there? That's a big key to how sales are too. If you find too many booths filled with flea market stuff it can cause a problem on where your particular booth might be placed. People tend to glance around and may overlook you.

How many booths are in this mall? How long is the contract? 6 months?

Its a really good price, especially with all that comes along with it. Sounds promising!