Using Silicone Bakeware as Molds

I just received the silicone rose-shaped mini cake pan I ordered from LTD and was so excited--couldn't wait to try making a candle from it. Then I realized--I have no idea how to wick this. I don't have any wick pins, which I think I probably need. Is it possible to do this without wick pins?

Well can you just find the center and poke a hole through the silicone. You could thread the wick through, knot it and seal it off if you can make the hole. You'll need something to act like a tie rod at the bottom to help keep your wick center.

Well can you just find the center and poke a hole through the silicone. You could thread the wick through, knot it and seal it off if you can make the hole. You'll need something to act like a tie rod at the bottom to help keep your wick center.

This is what I did and it works wonderfully.

You can just pour the mold then after you take the candle out you can poke a wick hole. Use a cut piece of metal coat hanger sharpen one end then heat the now metal rod and poke through the center from top to bottom. You may have to re-heat the rod several times to get it through the candle.Then use a tabbed wick.

As for these silicone bakeware you can find them at Wal-mart. Bunt pans in different shapes as well as a rose also the smaller ones as well.

I'll try the "hot poker" first and if I can't do that, I'll poke a hole in one (there are six in the pan) and try that method.

I knew I had read something about how to do this but couldn't remember what it was! Thanks so much.

Jane