White Scraggles....

is no longer white! How he's orange :( Well, mostly orange anyway. I notice he was ivory last a couple weeks ago and that seemed ok. This looks awful! I used 4625 and Lilac FO (perfectly clear) so this makes no sense. He's been in a dim room and in plastic since he first started turning ivory. I pulled the plastic bag down so it would show a bit more...

I like the white bears, but will avoid them if necessary. Anyone have any ideas?

post-27-139458376795_thumb.jpg

It's been a little less than a month I think. And actually yellowish I could understand, but this is orange. You ever seen someone who wanted a tan without the sun and used a cream? This teddy looks like he tried that and just as splotchy in coloring too...LOL

It's the scent. I've had a couple of different Lilacs that would turn ivory colored wax a weird pink color after a very short period of time. The scent wasn't seeping out, it was sort of oxidizing I guess would be the best way to describe it. I've become very wary of Lilac scents!

is no longer white! How he's orange :( Well, mostly orange anyway. I notice he was ivory last a couple weeks ago and that seemed ok. This looks awful! I used 4625 and Lilac FO (perfectly clear) so this makes no sense. He's been in a dim room and in plastic since he first started turning ivory. I pulled the plastic bag down so it would show a bit more...

I like the white bears, but will avoid them if necessary. Anyone have any ideas?

Might help if you use some UV Protector and actually die the wax white.

I do that with all my white candles, because a lot of the FOs will react with the wax and turn yellow after a while...

Some people actually die the wax in colors before didping white bears too.

Like pink or blue.

HTH,

Donna-Do

Sorry, I forgot to mention the UV, but since it hadn't seen much light of any kind, I didn't think about it. I did add it though. Maybe I'll try again using some other FO and see what happens.

Smileys have rearranged and they don't click...

Added: We went and poked around "The Worlds Largest Yard Sale" today and My oh my! I got about 30 new stuffed animals for 10 bucks. Mostly Christmas and about half are white. They started out $1 each, then when she found out what I was doing, she just started tossing mor and more in, for craft's sake! Somwmen, polar bears, even some Christmooses :) I've got plenty of white to practice on now...LOL