Mardi gras in louisiana

Ok i know alot of you dont celebrate this holiday but her in louisiana its HUGE and i will have a booth in my home town and i need your help. I want to make a candle that has something to do with mardi gras but no one has that scent I just want to have something a little festive. Any clue on what scent to use. Beer and cracklins is not a scent option. And again i know you all dont have all the festivals that we do, but i just thought i might ask to see if anyone would have a suggestion. thanks LOU LOu:D

Natures Garden has Mardi Gras as one of their new scents, just poured a sample yesterday, liking it a lot! Their description: A festive and fun fragrance that begins with fresh citrus top notes of grapefruit, orange zests, and tangerine; middle notes of strawberries, apples, pears, rose petals and jasmine; with sexy bottom notes of vetiver, white musk, and ylang ylang. This fragrance is sure to jazz with your customers!

Well, coffee and beignets are big, right? So... maybe coffee scents, sweet sugary scents, (sweet also goes with sugar cane) maybe some spicy scents (crawfish, Tabasco, and such), maybe some margarita/hurricane/daiquiri type scents (not sure if anyone makes them), how about some ocean type scents (the whole Gulf coast thing), jasmine, gardenia, any type of flower that grows here....ummm I think I'm out of ideas. Hope this helps...

brat thank you those are some really great ideas i will try them out. i only have 3 days to prepare for this thanks a bunch and i have all those scents but crawfish(i will tell them to go did in a ditch if they want that smell) i did smell mardi gras from cajun candles but yuck.... lyndie

I love ocean or rain scent mixed with a couple of flower scents.

I have one that is french vanilla mixed with flower scents and it's wonderful.

You could have a lot of fun mixing for this one

You'll have to keep us posted on what you come up with!

We need to start a scent mixing recipe list!

Hey Lou Lou, welcome to the board. I have been making Mardi Gras candles w/ purple, green, and yellow layers and scenting w/ cake fo and calling it King Cake. They have sold great! Where in LA are you?

I am in a very small town called iota. Its about 30-40 minutes from lafayette.;)

• 3 weeks later...
Girl! I'm in Welsh! Just shut down the shop in Jennings!

Was reading back and found this! Can't believe how close we are!

Hey bunny, I hear a lot of you from Shelly i use to work with her. I gave Kathy my # for you to call me about some questions i had about a swap. I'm on my way there in just a few minutes. Hope to talk to you soon. Lyndie