My wicks are coming out of the wick assembly..

I pour my candles and gently straighten my wicks and they are all coming out of the wick assembly. I even tried to crimp them more and they still came out. I bought them from a supplier already assembled. Thank goodness these were just testers but I am frustrated because it could happen to my good ones and then I would have to redo them. Anybody else have this problem.

Have you tried contacting BC? I've gone through thousands of wicks from them and never had a problem with the wicks coming out of the tabs. Perhaps there's a bad batch going around.

Their customer service is top-notch, I suggest contacting them, I'm sure they would want to know about the issue.

I've had this happen many times. Nachelle said it was more common in larger wicks. I know how frustrating it is, especially when I had ordered 1,000 wicks. I do crimp them before I use them, and this lessens the problem, but what's the point of buying preassembled wicks then?

I also have this happen quite often so I just crimp really good before using them.. only need to do this on containers since all my other molds have wick pins.. but still a pain. I get mine from C&S... may just be a flaw in the process... but it is very frustrating.

I pour my candles and gently straighten my wicks and they are all coming out of the wick assembly. I even tried to crimp them more and they still came out. I bought them from a supplier already assembled. Thank goodness these were just testers but I am frustrated because it could happen to my good ones and then I would have to redo them. Anybody else have this problem.

Oh, it HATE it when that happens! It has been happening constantly with the new votive wicks we bought - can't remember what there were, but they are cotton wicks and are popping out all the time! What a waste...:mad: It never happened when we were using the zinc wicks.

Does this happen after you pour? I find that if I tug too much on a wick after I pour the candle, it will come out of the tab. I use wick bars and don't touch them after I've poured. I also get my wicks from BC too. Try not to touch them after you've poured the candle.

That is what I thought tess... that the primer is melting away.. usually happens to me after I pour.. but sometimes (rarely) before.

I also noticed it is happening more with the cd wicks... rarely happened with the zinc votive wicks I used to use. but I really love the cd wicks so I just deal with it... I may mention it to C&S also.. that is where mine come from and I know they have a machine and make their own pretabbed wicks wicks.

I had this happen to a batch I bought from Candle Wick. I called them and they sent replacements and they were fine. Crimp close to base and try pouring cooler. Pouring hot melts the wax on the wick making them smaller around. A crimper used in jewerly making works great for wicks. Also wait till they are almost set before pulling on the wick. HTH