question about Lables

CranberryGirl

Depends what products you are using them for. Anything that will be exposed to a lot of moisture I use waterproof, shower gels bubble baths even lotions, I like waterproof labels caiuse they can take a lot of abuse. I also use white glossy labels. For soap some of my customers like them in cello bags with a hang tag, some like them wrapped in corragated and some just like a soap band.

I use waterproof labels too and print my own. I use Avery Design Pro so I can create the exact sizes I need, print on full sheet labels and then cut them out. Time consuming ... but it works the best for me.

Edited to say - for soap I just print labels on plain paper, cut them out, and slap on the bar then shrinkwrap. Figure people just throw this label away so I don't want to use anything more expensive.

You definitely need labels that can withstand the water issues if you're making things that will be in the shower/tub.

I have a product that is just a reg. label covered in packing tape, and it's holding up really well, but it's only been in the shower with me for less than a week. I had bought my daughter a whole collection of products from a lady on Ebay (before I started on this adventure) and she did her labels the same way, and over time everything bled really bad under the tape, so I don't think long term that works that well, but let me tell ya it's better than having just a reg. label with no protection-ask me how I know. ;)

I was cleaning bottles yesterday, and one bottle was some shower gel from WSP, and it had the toughest waterproof label on it, I'm assuming it's vinyl or something, all the lettering came off (I'm assuming b/c of the bleach I was using) but man, trying to pull that label off the bottle was HARD!

I want those labels!! :D

Ok, Michelle, you can't just come here, tell us you use REGULAR labels, and they never bleed, smudge, smear or whatever, and then NOT tell us what kind of labels they are, what kind of printer you're using etc. SHAME SHAME!! ;)

SEriously, I HAVE To know what you're doing that they don't run? I'm using just reg. labels right now b/c that's all I have, and the label on my scrub in the shower didn'at even last one day it's all runny, blurry etc. :(

So, come on girl spill it!!

• 4 years later...