1343 users, want pic's & comments

klo

I am working with 1343, using 1t of UA and 30 ply flat even though the supplier suggested lx14, and 4% FO( would like to try 6% too). I would like to see a 3" candle burned half way down to compare. I am using Candle Cocoon FO.

Would also like to hear throw comments, my searches have found many comments that they couldn't get this wax to throw, and I am afraid of adding too much additives that will kill the scent.

I would appreciate those experienced 1343 users help;)

I am not an expert on this wax, but have not had much of a problem getting it to throw. I usually use 6% FO, but I think it depends on which FO you are using. I know that most of Candle Cocoon FO's from her regular line are very strong and prolly won't require that much. I am not sure about stearic or UA, but too much vybar will definately kill the scent throw.

I also use the 1343 with stearic. I don't have problems with throw. I have only used a few oils from CC but they threw well for me at anywhere from 3-6%. I have the black cherry tree burning now 1343 2tbls pp stearic 6% fo the throw is decent (not as much as I like, but still getting rave reviews) but not as good as others, but that just may be the oil.

It's just a plain old handy dandy wax. Besides its fairly useful properties, this wax has the benefit of being consistent and widely available.

You can make good pillars using 1343 with additives and the issue with scent throw is no different than with any other wax. You just have to strike the right balance with the additives.

I haven't weighed a tablespoon of UA but it might be too much for a pound of 1343. You can use up to 5% by weight of that stuff but 2% is plenty for this wax. It might even be too much. I'm still experimenting, as you should do. I have a few issues with the burn using straight paraffin with UA. I'm thinking a conservative amount combined with a little microwax might work best but haven't tried it yet.

30 ply sounds plausible.

so no one use UA?? I tried 3T steric with a 30 ply at 4% and didn't get a good burn (left very thick walls and bulged), thats why I was asking about the additives. I would love to see someones candle burned half way down, though, its great to compare.

thanks for all the comments, keep them coming:wink2:

I use 1343 with 3 tbs/pp stearic and 1oz/pp FO, and I don't really have a problem with scent throw. I do, however, have the dreaded bulge!!! Drives me crazy, and I'm working at coming up with a formula that will prevent that. So far, with mottles, I've had no luck. It seems that Top's suggestion of using a better wax for mottles is the way to go. I have started using different additives for rustics, and plain old shiny candles, and seem to be having some success. Some time this week I intend to try some translucent crystals, and UA. Only time will tell......

I use 1343 with 3 tbs/pp stearic and 1oz/pp FO, and I don't really have a problem with scent throw. I do, however, have the dreaded bulge!!! Drives me crazy, and I'm working at coming up with a formula that will prevent that. So far, with mottles, I've had no luck. It seems that Top's suggestion of using a better wax for mottles is the way to go. I have started using different additives for rustics, and plain old shiny candles, and seem to be having some success. Some time this week I intend to try some translucent crystals, and UA. Only time will tell......

Try them both to see what they do. UA is exceptionally handy because it obliterates the bulge and incorporates into the wax very easily. The translucent crystals need to be heated up real hot, then I notice the wax gets cloudy as it cools. Makes me uneasy that the stuff seems to separate out like that. Let me know if you notice the same thing.