Loaf Pan

wincie

Hey guys,

I've decided to venture into soapmaking...it seems like a natrual progression once you do candles :rolleyes2 .

I've been going through the soap section discussion board for a couple of days now and i'm about to place an order with BCN, mostly the regular opaque mp and just about 4lbs of the clear (not really a fan of the clear...but just want to play with it anyway :rolleyes2 ....what I want to know is this...approx how many lbs does the small loaf tin hold..or what's the average amount of bars I can get form 1LB of soap base?

I don't want to order too little to play with :yay: ....but I also don't want to order too much right away for the first order.

TIA:)

Winsome

I am sssoooooo excited :drool: ...u have no idea!!!

WElcome... I just started into it.. I said I would never get into the soap side.. I refrused refrused refrused... Umm... I just poured my first 3 scents. LOL only have two colors right now but Thank GOD for GrumpyGirl who has been answering all my questions through messenger. She has been a godsend for me.. .Thank you GRUMPY!!! You not grumpy at all!! I appreciate you and all on this board that have helped me out..

Good luck. You can do this.. If I can, anyone can..

Christina

Ok, wellllllll...it depends on what size bars you'd like. If you'd like 4 oz. bars, you can get 4 bars from a lb. And if you're talking about those little bread loaf pans, they hold 3 lbs. of CP comfortably, and I'd imagine it would hold the same amount for M&P. If you go over or less, the bar size is just weird, IMO! :) Ask me how I know! :D The only reason I don't like the loaf pan for a mold is it turns out funny shaped bars, so I need to trim them. I'm not sure if you'd want that kind of waste with M&P, so you may want to look into cheap molds. I got some great ones from WSP and brambleberry. They have just about every kind of mold you could dream of and they produce awesome soaps that you just pop out of the mold and you're done- no need to trim and cut each bar. I LOVE M&P- you can be super creative with it..and it's SUCH a stress reliever!! Welcome to your new addiction! :D

I lied, I lied!!! My brain is fried today and I apologize- MY loaf pan holds 32 oz. nicely, which in my dumb head, I calculated to be 3 lbs...which it is SOOO not, it's 2 lbs. Hope you didn't already read the post and try to cram three pounds in a poor defenseless loaf pan. Sorry!!!

Thanks so much for your help...now why did i not wait to read this before i placed my order :angry2: . I didn't order a loaf mold thinking....oh i'll just pick one up in a store!!...anyway...I did order a couple of other molds :D ...

Thanks again!!

Can't wait!!!!!;)