emu to prevent scars?

KFTS

Supposedly from what I've read so far, emu oil is good for hindering scarring. It won't hurt it to try. It's supposed to be magic for your skin. :)

I don't think I'd put it on there though right now if it's infected. Is he on antibiotics for that? As soon as the infection is cleared and it starts to scab up is when I'd start using it.

Let us know how it works. :)

My mom's been using my eczema balm as a scar remedy and she is raving about how it's helping. Here are the ingredients I use:

unrefined shea

avocado butter

emu oil

borage oil

EPO

wheatgerm oil

I think if you whipped together some unrefined shea and emu, you'd probably get a really fabulous, healing product.

Well, I love emu, but my husband go a burn on his leg last summer and we applied it everyday for weeks quite a few times a day and he still has a very dark nasty scar. Also, I got a small burn on my hand from my heat gun and did the same thing and still have a very red scar. So I don't know, I think it is an awesome oil but I am just leary at this point, for myself, putting a lot of weight in the claims of healing scars

Well, I love emu, but my husband go a burn on his leg last summer and we applied it everyday for weeks quite a few times a day and he still has a very dark nasty scar. Also, I got a small burn on my hand from my heat gun and did the same thing and still have a very red scar. So I don't know, I think it is an awesome oil but I am just leary at this point, for myself, putting a lot of weight in the claims of healing scars

Perhaps it works better combined with other oils & butters that also have healing properties. I make a balm and have put it on burns and it has healed them almost instantly. They weren't really bad, bad burns but would have been red and "hurt". After applying the balm, no pain, and next day could not tell there was a burn. Had a guy who gashed his hand really, really bad and definitely would have had a scar. No scar. I've had many others use it with great results. I use it for everything! -- burns, cuts, bruises, etc. Heals everything sooooo much faster.

I think also that it may have a lot better healing qualities for skin other than cuts, I have some to my neighbor for a fall her little boy had and it did heal him up very nicely, I just did not have good luck with the burns, but the one on my hubbies leg was nasty, from a firework (pyromaniac) LOL

All in all, great oil, use it in balms etc. just make sure to get a good quality one, there are a few out there that are crap

Another thing I've noticed is that the faster you get it on an injury (cut, burn, bruise, etc) the faster it heals. If you don't put it on right away then it seems to take longer to heal. If I get a bruise and notice it right away and put it on, it will heal up in a couple days. If I don't get it on the bruise for a few days, then it will take much longer. I have been using it on my brown spots too and it takes a few months to fade, but it definitely gets rid of them eventually. And, oh yes, there is some bad stuff out there too so be careful where you get it.