??? about IGI 4630

amyp

I am testing a few new waxes after all my trouble lately with my J50. Can anyone tell me if they use this and how they like it. It seems to be good so far, but I am wondering iif it is as good as my supplier says and if :confused: :confused: there are some better ones out there.

This wax works well for me. If I heat my glass jars to 170 and pour at 160, I have very small wet spots. It is pretty much one pour. I don't have to do relief holes and repours. It gives very flat tops.

Hot and cold throw is good to me, and my friends brag on the hot throw. But I've never used any other container wax. Just my two cents...

~Heather~

I love this wax. It definitely can be a smoker/sooter and like Cindy said, you need to wick down from what you normally use with other waxes. It's also very picky with any kind of citrus scents. I can't get any type of citrus to NOT smell like fuel...

Yes, I have been noticing the smoking alot. I will repour and try wicking down and see how it goes. I am currently using a zink 60 in my 26 oz keepsake jars with J50. Do you think I should go to a Zink 51 or double wicking it with 44's? I guess I will try both and see what will work.

I have only used the J50 since I first started making candles almost 6 years ago. I seriously think they replaced it with the 4630. When I got my last batch of J50 it did not look, feel, or burn the same. When I got my 4630 it looked a lot like the J50 I had received. I am just not happy with it at all!!!:angry2:

I also use this wax, and at first had a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with it, but as soon as I figured out the wicking for my jars, (well almost all of them, still trying to wick my big apoth) I just knew I loved this wax for a good reason. :)

I've yet to get a bad throw with ANY FO I've used, except for Apple Jack & Peel from Peak, I DO kind of get a fuel smell from that.

I never "cure" my candles with this wax, if I want to test it I only have to wait for it to completely cool then light that baby up and I can tell whether it's going to be a good thrower right a way!!

Good luck with it, don't give up right away. This was the first wax I tested, had the smoking issues, then went on to test about 4 other waxes, and eventually came back to the 4630-what a waste of time I spent on all those others, when if I just would have spent a little more time with the 4630 initially....... Oh well, live and learn right? ;)