What would your response be?

Tara

I have had several inquires lately about another company named Tara's Candles..Mine is Tara's Candle Cottage. These customer's appear to be looking for her I would guess to re-order. They are suppose to be located in Texas and also use to sell on e-bay. What would your response be? Just curious. I don't want to take away from this person's business cause to me that's just not right but at the same time if they have moved or something wouldn't or shouldn't she have notified her customers? I even went so far as to goggle Tara's Candles and guess what? My site comes up. There's another one that is similar(Candles by Tara) but she is in NY not Texas. I have been kindly telling these people that no it's not me but would be happy to have them as a customer. Is that wrong of me to do?

Thanks Jennifer that's what I thought. I told this to a person I think yesterday that I guess was looking for a leather scented candle that they use to buy from this other person and came back today and order one from me so that's why I was asking. Thanks

Guest T~Just T's Secret Buddy

It sounds to me like you are being truthful. As long as you are always honest, not only will it benefit you because people will appreciate it, you never have to worry if you are in the right.

It sounds fine to me...from a customer stand-point I would become more interested in your products because you are honest and didn't try to steal their business. I would be more likely to purchase from you if I was unable to find the prior seller.

:)I think you handled it well!

Hi Tara -

Sounds to me like you did just the right thing.

If you approach moments like this seeking to serve (in this case, finding out which the customer wants more ... quick service or to find the candle maker) ... how can you go wrong?

For all of us, marketing is anchored in our ability to build relationships with people. However you go abour making that genuine connection is a good thing!

Andrea

I don't think Tara is in business any longer. I bought her candles some years ago before I started making them myself. I didn't think they were that strong, and didn't care for how they burned. I don't believe she's registered on eBay any longer. Her website used to be http://www.tarascandles.com. That site no longer exists, but you can see a cached version of her old home page at http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:EgUJXvictJsJ:www.tarascandles.com/+tara%27s+super+scented+candles&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2.

If I was the person asking and you were that up front and honest with me, and the other Tara didn't care enough about her customers to give them a new address or contact info. I'd be inclined to buy from you, just to test your product out. Then I'd be back as a regular cause you have good stuff.

:)

If I was the person asking and you were that up front and honest with me, and the other Tara didn't care enough about her customers to give them a new address or contact info. I'd be inclined to buy from you, just to test your product out. Then I'd be back as a regular cause you have good stuff.

:)

I agree 100%. I think you did just fine with your response.