crock pot question...

latch

is cphp easier if time is an issue?
It sort of can be since you don't need weeks of curing time to use your soaps. They are softer in the beginning but do harden up over time like cp but the main thing is that the lye is cooked out at the time of making the soap. If you are saying you have lots of little crockpots around depending one what you mean by little I don't think those little cheesey crocks are big enough. You need to make at least a full pound of soap and those little ones won't work. The soap will tend to rise when cooking so you need a fairly large one for making soap. As far as safety concerns I use the same crock to make pot roast as I do to make soap.

I am cracking up here at the little crockpots. The CPHP can be easier as FO interfering is not a concern. I would recommend melting your hard oils in the micro first as they can take a while in the crock. You don't have to cool the lye first. You should be able to make a batch, start to finish in 1 - 1.5 hours.

LOL brat! I like the way you think. Now ........... how do I turn these 5 kids into little crockpots? :P

LOL I would like to know also as I have 5 kiddos and I think a few of them would make fine crockpots right about now, namely the oldest and youngest (18 and 3) UGH:p

I personally don't care for the consistancy of crockpot soap. But maybe I am just set in my ways. If you are organized enough, you can do it regular on the stove. Just get stuff moving once you are over halfway to your temp, make it naptime.

I use a stick blender to belnd and usually only have to stir for 10 minutes. You could have it poured and done before they get up.

When my kids were little, I just waited until later in the evening. I have also did it in the morning and poured while they were eating lunch, they have to be old enough to actually eat though, I couldn't get away with this with the grandgirls, right now. :)

LOL!!!!:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 I am cracking up over here... I really needed to read this post this morning, I needed a good laugh! I have 7 children, 14-2 yr old. I have 4 at home with the flu, soap and crockpots are gonna hve to wait.. you guys are so funny!! thanks for the good laugh!