Ezsoy...

Hi ya...

I have been a candle maker for a long time...WE have a para soy blend that we like..and are now trying to make all soy candles...We are doing testing with ezsoy from BCN...and are using rrd wicks..we poured into a 16oz apothacary jar ..it has cured for 48 hours..and what we see while testing is a digging wick..It is digging more then pooling...we are using a 47 and a 55 wick..it is scented with 1 oz China rain per lb..and light green with hard button dyes...

Can anyone give me input to what is going on? is this normal??? it has been burning 30 mins or so...we got big mushrooms after 1/2 hour...are we wicking tooo big?

sorry for all the questions..I just don't know what really to expect..or how they are supposed to burn...

TIA!!

Tara

Welcome to the world of soy wax. The wax that nobody would use if it wasn't called soy wax.

It tunnels in larger containers. With 95% of the products on the market you won't feasibly be able to single wick anything over 3 inches. I haven't tested EZSoy but I hear it's worse than some of the others in that regard.

Start working on a 2 wick solution for that jar.

EZSoy wicks about the same as KYPuresoy, if you have ever used that. Top is right that you will definately have to double wick anything that is about 3" or more that is straight soy. I don't use that type of wick for this wax, so I can't be of much help, I use the HTP. If you have any HTP wicks, I would start with double HTP83 and work up or down from there. It also tends to frost more than some of the others sometimes, depending on the FO, and a little BW will help cut that down, if it bothers you.

Most of my FOs wick great with HTP 1312s in my 3" exactly apoth jars. Interestingly enough, it does tend to burn down a little deeper than out first, but it evens out to a beautiful, full, 1/4" MP within 3 - 4 hours. I always, always get nervous the first time I test a new FO because I think it's going to tunnel, but it keeps spreading and doesn't get too deep.

Welcome to the world of soy wax. The wax that nobody would use if it wasn't called soy wax.

You've just made my day! That reminds me of a comment Cheech Marin made about his movie Born in East LA. He said that he had Tommy Chong do a cameo in it, and if the movie bombed he could then advertise it as a Cheech and Chong movie. But I digress.

Just an observation, and not meant as a slam against EZ Soy users. It seems that EZ Soy is an oxymoron.

Say Good Night Dick.

(Good night Dick!)

geek :laugh2:

It seems that EZ Soy is an oxymoron

I just snorted water up my nose on that one! :laugh2:I keep forgetting my cardinal rule: Do not drink and read message boards at the same time.

I probably am not much help because I have used Ezsoy for the past four years and I am getting ready to dive into GF's 444 wax and test it for a possible wax change. I am just fed up with the inconsistency with the Ezsoy (and it is not just Ezsoy from what I understand since several companies use the same wax and put their name on it) and testing each lot (at the company's suggestion), so I am looking for something that will allow me to keep hair on my head. :)

I am just fed up with the inconsistency with the Ezsoy (and it is not just Ezsoy from what I understand since several companies use the same wax and put their name on it) and testing each lot (at the company's suggestion), so I am looking for something that will allow me to keep hair on my head. :)

That is just how I felt after receiving a pallet of EZ Soy would not burn right. I had to rewick my whole line..

Now I have changed waxes and life is a lot eaiser!!!:cheesy2: ( and I have all my hair)

Hi Island girl! Just wondering what you did with your pallet of soy? I still have about 200 lbs. of soy that (after almost a year) I'm still not thrilled with. But, one plus with the straight soy is even if it burns irradically, it usually has a great throw. After trying Greenleaf's 70/30 blend, I'm sold. Just have to do something with all the rest. Looks like a lot of fire starters! LOL. Beth

I don't mind the EZSoy, to me it acts the same as the KY did sometimes. I think every soy has it's own quirks or it's own handicaps to overcome. The new Golden Brands included. I couldn't get a nice looking colored and scented candle to save my life out of them, but a lot of people did. Soy is the hardest wax, to me, to work with, and it is a challenge, but I like challenges, that's why I have stayed with it. I have tried about 9-10 soy waxes, and I have to say it just really all boils down to what you can get to work best for you, and what you want to pay to have it shipped to you.

Man, the ezsoy.......well...if you want hair left on your head dont use it LOL...thats my opinion. I too...must of gotten bad batch of wax or something because every single size wick that worked, doesnt work. Now that i have a huge order, and just got a new case of wax, they all had to be rewicked...it was all explained in my panicky post in the business section about what to do about this order...because i have to rewick every candle i made. I tested some like i always do from the batches i made for this order, they didnt burn right. They have had to go up two wick sizes!! I am now going to test IGI6006 and greenleaf perfect blend. :rolleyes2 :cool2:

I still have about 200 lbs. of soy that (after almost a year) I'm still not thrilled with. But, one plus with the straight soy is even if it burns irradically, it usually has a great throw. After trying Greenleaf's 70/30 blend, I'm sold. Just have to do something with all the rest. Looks like a lot of fire starters! LOL. Beth

Yes I know this thread is about 100% soy but in this post you are testing the 70/30 which is a Parasoy blend. Mix some paraffin with that other soy you have left, it will make a world of difference.

Yes I know this thread is about 100% soy but in this post you are testing the 70/30 which is a Parasoy blend. Mix some paraffin with that other soy you have left, it will make a world of difference.

Lightening Bug..

That what I am doing with my EZ Soy.. It is a great mixer wax..

I have been adding it to my current wax and using it up that way..

I also make soy melts from it.. HTH:cheesy2:

Yes, Candleman. I ordered a slab of paraffin yesterday. So, back to the drawing board. Have you added some and how much did you try? I would like to stay with all natural candles, but after a year of testing, I still haven't found one to sell. I just found "Let It Shine" company in Seattle. Have any of you used her natural waxes and what are they? I did email her, so hope to learn more as they are so much closer to me. Beth