Sample Order From AFI-USA

TallTayl

I received a sample order of off-the-shelf fragrances from  AFI-USA.com last weekend.  It took some time and effort to register, but it's done.

Overall impressions:

I ordered 9 samples.   (Clove, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Hot Apple Cider, Honeycrisp Apple, Orange Ginger Fizz, Strawberry, Strawberry Rhubarb, Cranberry Apple Marmalade and Karma.)
one or two smelled good enough to test further. I took care to order those with generous b&b usage rates.

One or two smelled not good at all OOB. if it smells terrible in the bottle, then I rarely find them to become magically good in product. I won’t be testing those further.

all smelled like run-of-the-mill retail fragrances.  I expected this. For the average prices of $15-17 per lb in 10 lb quantities I could not expect too much.

In order to properly test their capabilities I need to arrange a call with a representative. I'll see about purchasing more "premium" samples. I know they formulate in-house and can duplicate pretty much anything, I just don't know the quality of the duplications.  Also don't know the costs of the duping services.  I contacted them last week using their contact form and have not yet heard back. It would sure be nice to get to 10 lb sizes again. The new line item mins at the better labs are killer.

• Like 1