Organized!

Just teasing. I'm pretty organized but it's seriously slipping as stuff accumulates.

I can see where in a very short time these shelves just won't be enough. I've already found some things that won't fit. Sigh. Why couldn't I found a compact hobby?:laugh2:

Wouldn't KNOWING where all of your utensils and such are really take a lot of the fun and excitement and adventure out of candlemaking...

Mei-Mei don't you think you are making this whole "pouring candles" thing a little too easy.

Well I just found one of my thermometers in the kitchen cabinet and my votive molds in my bedroom, so I'm not quite too 'organized' yet!!!

For me it's which pile is it in or which bed is it under. LOL DH complains constantly about the mess but won't give up any of his cabinets. For some unknown reason he thinks his fishing stuff is more important than my candle making stuff. :P is what I say!

Mei now the trick is staying organized.

Nice job...

But...

I didn't realized "organized" and candle making belonged together LOL

Christina

I'm still not sure they do...I'm still cheering now that I have my dye chips organized...LMAO!

Mei-Mei when you really get going your stuff wont fit into those little boxes...You're going to have to get the big bins with lids...hehehehehe

I started out thinking I would be ok with a tote with a lid. yeah right. I went and bought a portable cabinet and set it up in my dinning room. I has shelves in it. I also bout small tote for my wicks, FO's and colors to keep them seperated. My question for everyone is where and how do you store your wax, and how much wax do you have on hand?

I store mine under my pouring table--I can fit about 15 cases under there. Now for the people who buy larger quantities, I can't imagine--I had wanted to buy a pallet of wax and one of jars to get better prices but I just don't have anywhere to store all that stuff!!

Jane

We pour in my basement late at night after the children have gone to sleep (only problem there is when I have to chop up paraffin-oops!)

Anyway, the place looks like a bomb hit it, my husband made us this workshop, it is now QUITE outgrown, at Christmas-time it is WORSE, and it is a huge mess-Hey, we go down there to pour, not take the time to CLEAN! That's the rest of my day!!!!:P

So who else has a bedroom where you get a shipment in of packaging stuff - run it to the bedroom, open the door, close your eyes, toss it in, close the door (hopefully), and then forget you ordered it? :)

I have *got* to get my packaging under control. I've got some in bedroom 1, foils and corrugated boxes/bags in another, the shipping supplies in the basement.... sigh....

Me, me, me!!!! Unfortunately, that bedroom is also my pouring room--so when I poured candles last night (for the first time in about 6-8 weeks), it first took several hours to get down to the surface of the pouring table (and a path cleared to it)!!

Jane

Robin, I just pray we don't get any company. The guest bedroom is wall to wall with stuff I don't need at that moment and don't have anyplace else for it.

Magnolia, if you have cats there was a great tip on this board a awhile ago about wax storage. Get the kitty litter in the plastic buckets. Clean the buckets (and I line mine with a plastic bag), break up or cut up your slab of wax, store in the kitty litter bucket. You can easily label the outside with the flavor of wax. And they stack!