Curent palm oil price for candles

Greetings everyone,

I have a company in Europe that specializes in candle making, all kinds, home, church, grave type of candles. At the moment, i have few quotations for palm oil with the price around 1400 EUR per tonne. Currently, the market seems a bit down and despite lower prices than few months ago, we are still too expensive to some customers, not to all, but for some. I would like to know if anyones has any other offers for palm oil that are lower and has similar problems currently on the market. Of course this could also be a incoming recession.

Best regards.

7 hours ago, James223 said:

Greetings everyone,

I have a company in Europe that specializes in candle making, all kinds, home, church, grave type of candles. At the moment, i have few quotations for palm oil with the price around 1400 EUR per tonne. Currently, the market seems a bit down and despite lower prices than few months ago, we are still too expensive to some customers, not to all, but for some. I would like to know if anyones has any other offers for palm oil that are lower and has similar problems currently on the market. Of course this could also be a incoming recession.

Best regards.

The US palm prices are still really high. Coupled with record high freight costs, all waxes (and oils, fragrances, containers, etc.) are frustratingly high with no end in sight. I make ceramic vessels and was just warned clay is going up AGAIN on may 1 - IF I can get stock since shortages are still a problem. 

I wish we could get candle waxes for .70 per lb right now 😕

the over inflated prices are hitting retailers that cater to smaller sellers. Every day I get offers for “free” fragrance with every bottle purchased. The pendulum swings and eventually rights itself but it is a total pain to weather it out.