SB1000 info/help

Hi everyone :)

New to the candle making biz & unsurprisingly am struggling with HT ☺️

I’m working with C3 which only has a max of 6% fragrance load (& I’m getting zero HT, with varying vessel sizes & wick sizes/series), so I want to try blending with a parasoy or paraffin. I have SB1000 but cannot find any info anywhere on what the fragrance load % is (even the seller doesn’t seem to know). Anyone else use this wax? Do you like it for HT?

If anyone has recommendations of waxes to try I’m willing to keep testing until I get a decent HT!

Thanks in advance.

C3 usually holds more than 6%. Unless the formulation changed I used up to 8% of the weaker fragrances with no issues. 

heated to 180-185, poured what I needed into pouring pot, colored, added scent at no lower than 160. Stirred down to cloud/slush point and poured into containers. 

cd wicks worked well for most all fragrances I used in it. 

i have not used your sb1000, but c3 took most other paraffins well. 

I have never had issues with C3. One of my favorite waxes for cold and hot throw. Make sure you are heating wax to 180-185 and stir fragrance in well. Your fragrances have to be robust to begin with so pick strong scent fragrance oils. Not all them work well in candle wax.

Never heard of other wax.

Hi everyone. C3 is an excellent wax and is normally pretty unforgiving. I'd work on 6 - 8% maximum. Dont try playing with blends it's not needed with C3. If you dont get any hot throw its probably the fragrance or it's flash point. When we designed our Clove and cranberry fragrance we had a similar issue. Cold the FO was strong but hot it just died, we had to reformulate the FO to improve the way the notes when hot enveloped above the clove which was always the strongest part cold.

Use C3, change the oil , dont go above 8% because you honestly dont want a melt pool on fire as well as the wick.

here to help and coming soon at Candle Supplies UK