wicks for 8 oz. tins

I have been trying to wick these 8 oz. tins, with no luck. I use 8 oz. tureens and use 2 RRD40 for these with great results. 8 oz. tins are different. I tried using 2 RRD 40 and the container gets too hot. I have tried HTP 1212 and 126 and ECO 12 and 6. Results were not good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marty

I use the 8 oz tins and EZsoy with a CD16 or 60z. I have some fo's that I can use a CD14. I usually always have small hangup on first burn, but it always catches up on the 2nd burn. I haven't tried the ECO wicks yet, that is next.

SHUT UP! You're successfully SINGLE wicking with a CD14?! That's crazy talk. I'm so jealous, I've been trying to single wick these babies for a month, and I'm still vacillating between an 18 and 20. I must be way overwicking.

:P I feel your pain. I gave up on balmoral jars. Couldn't get it right to save my life. I tried everything everyone suggested that worked "great" for them, same wick,wax,fo,pour temp, don't know, go figure! Good luck!

Argh, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I did one each of 14, 16, 18 and 20, and the 14 and 16, after four, three-hour burns had about 1/2 inch of hangup on the sides - I *never* got a full MP, and it was just ugly. Even the 18, after 15 hours total, wouldn't catch up on the sides. Huh.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has a technique for aging the tins? I recently purchased some to try using my ez soy but they are so shiny. I have seen them where they look antiqued and that would be more in keeping with my theme.

Thanks for any help.

Mary

• 5 months later...

Are they silver? If so I age my silver stuff by primer spraying it and then sponge painting randomly with a shiney silver, ends up looking like old zinc, a lot of work, but my money at this point is shorter than my time.... Otherwise to age my other stuff, i use a 'cocoa bean' acrilyc paint available at ace hardware stores, really water it down, brush it over the thing to be aged and then seal it with a spray sealer. Works for me, hope that helps.