Need Help Formulating An All Natural Wax

Hi All,

We are looking to hire an experienced chandler to develop a wax blend with no paraffin, soy or palm waxes for container candles. If anyone is interested or can refer us to an intrepid candle scientist, we'd be forever grateful. ; ) 

Thanks,

CeCei

We may be open to a very small percentage as long as it is naturally derived and not synthetic.

Beeswax would be acceptable. 

Our priorities are all natural and sustainable so we can explore everything in those categories.  

Your needs in a warm, dry climate will be different from more norther areas. 
you “could” use beeswax and coconut, but will find that without other stabilizers they will sweat and slump in storage and transit. I purchase voluspa, notorious for that blend, and was surprised at how they arrived even during less than”hot” weather.

Likewise, not all beeswaxes and coconut oils burn the same, so your local supply will vary. Some I made would not stay lit.  Some burned like a Bunsen burner.  

Are you not considering manufacturers like Accublend or Cal wax? Engineering a wax for candle production is a very complex process.  While anything can be a fuel, you will need to tweak for many other variables along the way.  Not every combo will work well with your containers, fragrances, etc.  it is a long process.  I have done this service for other companies in the past with a manufacturing partner based on very specific criteria of their exact fragrance and their exact containers. Nothing is a one size fits all. 

• Thanks 1

I guess my reply from early this morning didn't go through....

I did reach out to AccuBlend and while they did send their spec sheets, they replied we "can't help you". I reached out to another asking about

ingredients in their "all natural" wax and they responded it's proprietary.

Tall Tayl, would you be able to contact me  about you facilitating the process  you outlined in your earlier post? If your not comfortable doing that, perhaps you know of someone we could hire? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.