Is plain pumpkin FO a unicorn??

Dreamer

I've been searching (and searching some more) for a simple, plain pumpkin FO. No spice notes, no sugar notes, no extra "Autumn" notes, etc. Just plain ol' pumpkin. Has anyone found a simple pumpkin FO or am I searching for a unicorn here? 🤷‍♀️

If you find one, let us know!  I've looked but haven't found one so more or less gave up.  No matter what the descriptions or the reviews say I usually just smell the same old pumpkin spice (or, more accurately, just spice.)

I did recently stumble across the first and only genuine "just-cut-open-the-pumpkin" scent I've smelled so far, but unfortunately it was just one note among a bunch of others.  But, it gives me hope that a plain, genuine pumpkin is at least possible.

Kabocha from WSP (it may be discontinued) is a pure raw pumpkin… like cut a pumpkin and that’s how it smells.  It’s powerfully strong, and quickly takes over any blend tenaciously at tiny %. 

are you looking for raw or cooked? 

5 hours ago, BenderSF said:

If you find one, let us know!  I've looked but haven't found one so more or less gave up.  No matter what the descriptions or the reviews say I usually just smell the same old pumpkin spice (or, more accurately, just spice.)

I did recently stumble across the first and only genuine "just-cut-open-the-pumpkin" scent I've smelled so far, but unfortunately it was just one note among a bunch of others.  But, it gives me hope that a plain, genuine pumpkin is at least possible.

Right! Every single one I've tried so far (even those that don't list spices in the notes) smells like cinnamon bomb.

1 hour ago, TallTayl said:

Kabocha from WSP (it may be discontinued) is a pure raw pumpkin… like cut a pumpkin and that’s how it smells.  It’s powerfully strong, and quickly takes over any blend tenaciously at tiny %. 

are you looking for raw or cooked? 

I checked it out, unfortunately it is discontinued, with the exception of a 25lb order. Thanks anyway.

Cooked, raw, either or.

Edited by Dreamer
Edited for spelling error.

19 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I have maybe 10 lbs if it. Let me know if you want a sniffy.  I use it as an incredibly low % - this will last me for many years. 

The frag-head in me says "sniffy please!", but as silly as this may sound, I don't want to take the chance of loving it because I know I will never need 25lbs of it haha. Thank you though, it's very kind of you to offer. ☺️

• Like 1