Sink Hole (wood wicks and GB 464)

Hi!

I’ve been making soy candles with wood wicks for over 5 years now. Since eco soya discontinued, I switched to GB 464. Initially it worked great. A few of my scents would require fixing due to uneven tops or sinkholes but 80% of my scents dried perfectly. For almost the last year now, every single candle has to be fixed due to sinkholes. The sinkholes are generally close to the wick and sometimes go down almost all the way to the bottom. I have tried pouring at different temperatures, pre heating the glass, pouring slower, mixing FO in slower, pouring on different surfaces, heating the room, pre coating the wood wicks in wax…. Nothing has helped. 
I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing something similar or if anyone has any other tips or tricks that might help! Having to fix hundreds of candles is incredibly time consuming. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've used your wax in the past and I can't recall ever having a sink hole issue with it, but I use traditional style wicks and not wooden ones.  I suppose you could try leaving space at the top in order to do a repour (top pour, second pour ... whatever you wish to call it!) until you can figure it out.  I have a feeling it may have something to do with the wick in some way ... have you tried pouring one with another wick style?

• 3 months later...