mineral makeup

soapermom

anyone here sell this? I really wanna try it, and don't want to take on another project.. what can you tell me about it... and if you don't mind could ya PM me your website if you sell it. I would rather give my business to one of you than just anyone on web...

So is this the same thing as the bare escentials mineral makeup that is so expensive. I have wanted to try it, but balk at the price. Maybe I could order the materials and make it myself, that would be awesome. I have seen some websites that sell the minerals...

I've used bare escentuals and love it but like everyone else I do NOT want to pay that price. I was looking online last night and found a web site, and it was sooo cheap I was almost afraid to purchase from it. I ended up getting a starter kit. I got 2 foundations, 2 blushes, 1 bronzer, 1 mineral veil, and 3 multi purpose powders. You pick the colors. For 13.95 and 4 dollars shipping. They are all the 5 gram jars. Same as BE starter kits come with. I will post after I get them to let you know if I like them or not.

http://www.musthaveminerals.com/

A gal at work told me about Physicians Formula Mineral Wear and that's what I've been using. I got mine at Target but she said she got her's at Wal-mart. I'm glad to see the above sites posted because PF doesn't seem to have too much of a selection...yet anyways...but the price wasn't too bad. 10.99 (+ tax) for the foundation and 7.99 (+ tax) for the eye shadow.

What I like about the mineral makeup is that it it seems to camaflouge my mild case of rosecea much better than anything else I've ever used and it goes on quick/easy without alot of fuss. Light feeling as well. Edited to add: Also, it seems a little goes a long way....so that's plus also.

Wow, the J.Lynne site is really great. I've seen it before, but I'm really stumped - there are so many choices, and I have NO idea what colors I am. I know I can order samples, but dang, I'd have to order 3-4 of each type to try them all - is there some sort of general guide that recommends colors for certain skin tones? She has great descriptions on her site, but I would love something that's like, "For medium skin that burns easily then tans, and has freckles with reddish undertones, try Foundation number 1, eyeshadow 2 and blush 3." LOL! Is that too much to ask? :P

Seriously, is there anything like that I can look at before I order random colors?

I went through this not too long ago (but for colors of clothes that might compliment my skin tone better)...this might help some. You determine whether you skin tone (which I never knew what mine was..LOL) is warm or cool and then it gives you examples of what colors to choose from. That might help some with what colors to choose. I'm sure there are other sites that can help with more detailed info..but this one really did help me ALOT!!:)

Oops...might help to have the addy huh??

http://www.angelfire.com/co/olstuff2/skintone.html

Mineral make-up is the best! It is all my teenage daughters and I wear. I have been through a bunch of companies in the 3+ years I have been wearing it, but here are my favorites...

www.corycosmetics.com -my 18 year old uses all of her line, too much TD for me

www.barefacedminerals.org -fantastic eye colors

www.melangecosmetics.com -my favorite for everything. I have worn her foundation, finishing powder and eye products for 2 years and I could not ask for more

www.monave.com -sells kits that you can make your own or resell her product

www.pureluxecosmetics.com -some of the best colors all around, my 15 year old wears her stuff only! Great customer service!!

www.jlynnecosmetics.com -has been mentioned, good, newer company(by newer I mean 1-2 years) fantastic service, some a bit sparkly for my tastes. Her coffee collection is the best for eyeshadows!

You can get cheap samples from most of these. And samples will last a loooong time!

Most of these companies have their own forums (links on their sites) on the Delphi boards. Mineral Make-up Mania is a great general board:)

HTH some:yay:

Something I did notice since I've started researching some of these compared to PF mineral wear....the PF mineral wear has more chemical ingredients in it such as parabens:sad2: Never even thought of looking at the ingredients when I bought them......so if you don't want anything like that in your mineral makeup...don't use the PF brand. I have to use up what I have and then I'm going to be trying some of these sites listed for my mineral makeup...just don't have they money to splurge and try right now.:cry2: