Pine Tar Soap

smartdog

Doing some reading in the forums about the properties of pine tar, and thought I'd try a small batch for myself/dh to see if I'd like it. Most of the people who'd made it said trace is VERY fast, and you could end up with soap on a stick. I used a 20% water discount, whisked for approx. 20 seconds. Yes, it did trace fast, but not so fast that it wasn't pourable. I let it gel, unmolded and cut last night. Scented with BB's Sleigh Ride, which covered the pine tar scent quite nicely. Smells like pine trees and crisp cold winds!

pinetar1.jpg

Lathers like a mofo!

I've tested a small cut off as of today, and great lather/non drying, the scent is holding true..so far. I've used this scent in other soap i've made knowing that it is a good long lasting fragrance. So, I'll keep an eye as we test over the next couple of months once it's cured out completely.

Not Smart Dog but I might be able to help you. It's commonly used by farmers and ranchers on horses and livestock injuries. You should be able to get it at any feed or livestock store or if you have a Tractor Supply in Canada, they carry it too. That's where I got mine.