Tyler Candles Fragrance oils

AngieB

Hello everyone! Im new to the forum and I'm excited and thankful to find this forum! Does anyone know where Tyler Candle Company buys their fragrance oils from? Do they hand craft all of their scents? Im looking for luxurious, premium fragrance oils. I read through all of the fragrance chats about suppliers but there are so many, it can be overwhelming. I dont mind spending $$$$ on premium oils, I just didnt know which ones I could start with that offer what Im looking for. Any help would be appreciated!!!

I suspect most of the fragrance oil resellers are getting them from the big perfuming houses where they are formulated by professional perfumers. That said, I've gotten some from places I know that are laughably bad. I'd suggest decide on 5-10 scents you'd like to work on and buy sample sizes based on reviews here from anywhere suggested and make some test candles.

Edited by Mythreindeer

Mythreindeer, do you have suggestions on where I could buy something compariable with professional perfumers or premium fragrance oils. I have read the post about the different suppliers and I have looked at all of them but still cant tell who has the best scents. Price is no issue and you pay for what you get so Im willing to pay high dollar for the better fragrance oils. I just didnt know which one to start with.

8 hours ago, AngieB said:

Mythreindeer, do you have suggestions on where I could buy something compariable with professional perfumers or premium fragrance oils. I have read the post about the different suppliers and I have looked at all of them but still cant tell who has the best scents. Price is no issue and you pay for what you get so Im willing to pay high dollar for the better fragrance oils. I just didnt know which one to start with.

I don't think any one place has the best. I'd look through the reviews and go with what sounds good to you. I'd avoid Amazon though.

You can check makesy (Wooden Wick), Stone Candles, and 1617 but like mentioned above anywhere can be hit or miss. I started off wanting to test all the expensive oils but I now have a mix of ones I like with price points all over the place. For me I like a fragrance that is more complex, and sometimes I achieve that by blending oils so don't rule out the less expensive oils. It's fun to experiment!

I do like how makesy now has a sample box you can customize too. 

I have tried quite a few (ok a lot lol) from these suppliers so glad to give you any opinions if you see any that interest you!

Amy

Yes , that is exactly what I plan on doing myself. I plan on mixing a few scents that I used when I made custom body lotions and oils from a store in the Galleria in Houston that was  round in the late 90"s early 2000"s. It closed years ago and I cant think of the name of it.

• Like 1

Many have the same oil names/ descriptions but definitely are not the same quality. It all depends on what will work with the wax you are using too. I am testing more waxes just in case I can find something better than what I already use. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sis said:

Many have the same oil names/ descriptions but definitely are not the same quality. It all depends on what will work with the wax you are using too. I am testing more waxes just in case I can find something better than what I already use. 

That is the key right there.