Mica in wax melts

LilFirecracker

Just wanted to see how much everyone uses! I'll be coloring my wax with regular liquid dye and only adding mica for a little shimmer. For this particular application when you're not trying to actually color it with the mica, how much per pound or per 8oz do you use for a good shimmer? 

Just trying to figure out how much I should buy. Hoping to get away with the 1oz size since it jumps from 1oz to 4oz at Mad Micas. Plus we'll...I'm clueless on how much to use! 🤣

Hi. It's been awhile since I have made wax melts but I was using mica with them sometimes. It's so pretty in the wax melter as the wax melts, I like it. I don't remember if I ever added it to my wax blend, I just sprinkled some on their tops just as they started to harden so it sticks. Seems like it would sink to the bottom if you applied the mica while it was wet, which is fine. And I don't think it took very much when you sprinkle it on. The 1oz size should allow for you to test it out enough to see if you like it, especially if you buy a few different colors. I think I bought my micas locally at Michaels, Hobby Lobby or Joann's Crafts. Have fun experimenting.

For just shimmer as it melts you can just sprinkle on the top so you really don’t need much at all! They can clump a bit though so a tiny strainer helps. Like Laura mentioned you have to wait til they are almost set up or it just sinks. They are so pretty when they melt! 

I couldn’t find a pic of the one I posted above melted, but here is one with just a dusting of mica. You can definitely start out with small amounts of mica to start with! I love Mad Micas and their sample packs are generous. Have fun experimenting (that’s the best part!)

168FAC96-B05C-4FF4-A51C-BD46102410DE.jpeg