First impression of MP-117 wax

I really liked working with this wax. It is soft, but not too soft, and very white. In general it was easy to work with. I made a single three wick candle in a straight sided, glass container using 6.5% Vanilla Champagne from NG, and LX14 wicks. The HT was excellent, but the wicks were a few sizes too big. I think I’m going to have to wick down a couple of sizes from what I was using in 4630. I had some adhesion issues, but that was probably due my house being 62 degrees and the container being on a granite countertop.  

I am thrilled to find this wax because I was on the verge of giving up. I am strictly a hobbyist, and it has been nine months since I had wax to make a decent candle. My last two orders of wax were awful; I couldn’t get the HT of a day old soy candle out of them.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Glad to see some notes on this wax as I am contemplating testing it. My current wax supplier has been out of wax for almost 5 months now. Second time they did that to me and definitely the last! Are you still digging this wax? 

On 3/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, Lizzy said:

Glad to see some notes on this wax as I am contemplating testing it. My current wax supplier has been out of wax for almost 5 months now. Second time they did that to me and definitely the last! Are you still digging this wax? 

I should mention that I've been having sooting problems. I believe they are due to overwicking, this wax seems like small wicks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forrest said:

I should mention that I've been having sooting problems. I believe they are due to overwicking, this wax seems like small wicks.

Thanks for the heads up. I plan on using zinc wicks to start with. Love my zincs. :)

I’m about to test some of this soon purely out of boredom, I’m already predicting it’s gonna act like Problend 400 where it will smoke / soot easily, especially with that very low melt point.

I will be testing HTP wicks in it, they have never been the best for HT but in my opinion they have always had the cleanest burn for me in straight paraffin waxes. That’s more important to me than bigger HT.

• Like 1

Let me know how you get on with it. I haven't ordered yet. I'm still on my break and enjoying it. LOL
I only ever tested HTP's in Soy, never in paraffin ....but have plenty here in case the zincs don't do it for me.

• Thumbs Up 1